About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, an educator, Pastafarian and I write. I also will gamble on just about anything. And I like unusual juxtaposition, but I love my wife...and beer. This blog is observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while. Oh, and I mispell alot.

Thursday, January 12, 2017

THURSDAY #2944

One Of My Very Own...


EMAIL: ralph.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com




I can't really argue with this...


You want balls. After taking in the percentage guesses of success from some very smart people, he made the decision to go with the mission.

For this alone he deserves our gratitude.

I remember this outrageous statement that enraged the far right...

But I totally agreed. If there was an effort to inter all Muslims, I would have taken to the street in protest.
I do and did not approve of him refusing to call a duck a duck...

Like it or not, there are a whole bunch of Muslims who want to kill us.



But what did we think was going to happen when poor people figured out they could vote themselves money? Rich people have been doing it for decades.
Oh, sure, there are the jokes, but there have always been jokes.

But continuing the tradition of making jokes about the president does not automatically make you, or me, a racist.
And this ridiculousness sickens me.

I just ask for consistency.
Just a reminder of what made-up news looks like...


But now shit like this is floating around the major news outlets...

And...

I admit, him getting peed on is a rather exhilarating imagery, but I don't believe it.

This is the rest of the world watching America implode...


I am not a big fan of Trump, and it seems every morning I wake up to see what antics he has been up to while the rest of us slept...


If you are not frightened yet, read this quote.


That has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever seen coming out of a rather smart person's mouth.
But maybe it's true. So why not apply that same sentiment to this guy?


Remember, I taught that kid and probably missed multiple signs of a very troubled young man, but no one can underestimate the power of hate. In my school, all of the really bad bullies were black males. Maybe because I live where I live; maybe because few black boys have father figures in there life...I don't know why, but in my 20 years in the classroom, it is a true fact. To a frail young white boy, it may not have been difficult to hate the people who made his life miserable. But that is only conjecture.
>
Music from a much quieter time in America...




>
How many times should you try starting your leaf-blower before you realize it's not going to start? According to my neighbor it's 458 times.


>
IMAGES WORTH SHARING

Not exactly great photography, but interesting none the less...

---

---

---
This is me at a family reunion...

---

---

---

---

---
Two women kiss in front of an anti-gay marriage rally in Marseilles, France

I would have thought the French would be cool with that.
Speaking of...

---

---

---
National Geographic's 2016 Nature Photographer of the Year winner.


>
I'm so proud of my wife. She went to Costco hungry and only spent $17,000.

>
WAR


"Dear Mary, Well, this sucks."
---
I've always been fascinated by war posters.

---
What could this mean?

How could the folks at home help?
---

---

---

---

---
American General McAuliffe was surrounded in Bastogne and the Nazis asked him to surrender. His reply was "Nuts."


>
Don't regret past mistakes. All of your decisions, good and bad, led you to where you are today.
Disregard this if you are in prison.

>
I think this actually functions and it's wonderful...


>
These are some of the most difficult game birds in the world to hunt.

I have a dentist friend who has killed at least one on four or five continents.

>
ABOUT ME

I take great pride in my ability to bring mirth into almost any situation.

---
My biggest regret is when I sometimes post information that is incorrect.

I don't mean mis-crediting some image to the wrong guy, etc; I'm talking about fucking up the things I care deeply about. Your help on setting the record straight is greatly appreciated.

Nowadays the internet is full of misinformation.

Sometimes I will post an image of deaths in Syria only to find out that the image I used was, in fact, from somewhere else. That doesn't bother me so much, since the death did happen and does it really matter that it was in Iraq instead of next door?

I take great pride in my knowledge of history; as illustrated by the following not well known fact:



>
I may not know much about a lot of things, but this fact I'm sure of: A smoke detector battery will never go dead during the day.

>
HOW CLEVER


If these tits are legit, you must acquit.

>
Stop me if you've heard this already.
- Said no kid ever

>
LANGUAGE


No you twat, you have it all wrong. Should of means exactly what me and the person I'm talking to thinks it means. Linguistic rules are more like vague suggestions, and I am free to fudge the rules any fucking time I see fit.
You have the right and even duty to change language to make it evolve into something better.


>
According to the latest statistics, most accidents with toasters and bathtubs occur in the home.

>
IT DOESN'T TAKE LONG FOR THINGS TO GO THE SHIT

Go back and watch the cop on the right.
Can I assume that's someone running the border?

>
NUMBER PUZZLES


I am told that "," is the Indian decimal point, plus you are allowed to use "(" and ")"...I assume
---


>
Tell your kids where hotdogs come from first. They won't ever ask about babies.
>
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY

The first written record demonstrating the laws of friction has been hiding inside Leonardo da Vinci’s “irrelevant scribbles” for the past 500 years.

---

Early on they had a problem with black soot accumulating on the inside of light bulbs. They tried many ways to solve the problem, including putting a thin piece of charged metal next to the filament. They found that by adjusting the charge on the plate minutely, it would change the much greater voltage going through the filament...and the transistor was born.
---

---

Well, you sorry bastards, I have planted way more than eight trees, so some of you deadbeats are sucking up my oxygen.
---

---
I really don't give a shit about how large you are, but don't insult me by insisting that you are just big boned.

---
The Antarctic ozone hole is finally showing signs of healing, nearly 30 years after the Montreal Protocol came into effect.

---


>
This still makes me smile even after the first time I posted it years and years ago.


>
SOLUTIONS:

A: 7.5 + 7.5 + 15
B: (15 - 9) + (13 - 7) + (7 - 1) + (9 - 1) + (13 - 9)
C: 13 + 11 + upside down 9
D: 13.7+15.3+1?
E: Where does it say a solution is required? The question is can this be solved, the answer is no.
---

The best I can do is R, for reverse gear on a shifter.


>
Mark Zuckerberg says he wears a grey t-shirt everyday because he doesn't want to waste time on things that don't matter.
He runs Facebook.
At least he and I have one thing in common.
>




Threatening an Atheist with hell is like threatening to break a paraplegic's kneecap.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please, please make us a boot door knocker!!!!!!!
Townada

Ninja Grrrl said...

Knocking boots. The euphemism implied in the door knocker just now occurred to me. How clever!

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive