About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

STUFF

The Bible tells us that Jesus was circumcised eight days after his birth. But this became the source of a protracted debate among medieval scholars who couldn't figure out what became of the foreskin. Did it remain here on Earth? Was it reunited with Christ and ascended with him into Heaven? Or did it ascend into heaven separately, on its own?
The belief that the "holy prepuce" remained on Earth was probably the most popular position. In fact, no less than 21 medieval churches and abbeys claimed to be in possession of the holy foreskin.
St. Catherine of Siena reportedly wore the foreskin of Jesus as a ring on her finger.
(I find this interesting. Would not any nail clippings, haircut residue or lost baby teeth fall under the same argument? Yet only the end of his dick warranted debate. They must have had a lot of free time back in medieval times.)
_____________________________________________________________
Arkansas Letter to Dear Abby
I'm an 18 year old girl from Arkansas and I'm still a virgin.
Do you think my brothers are gay???
_________________________________________________
Those zany street artists...
Art is the best way to say fuck you to reality...
One of my very own...
Another one of my very own...
And yet another one of my very own...
________________________________________

No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive