About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Friday, February 11, 2011

THINGS PEOPLE USE TO MAKE (OR ATTEMPT TO MAKE) ART

Look at all the weeds and decay. You find a gaping whole in an old fence and you do this....and chances are for no reason whatsoever.  I like it.

Guess what this is made from....

Bullets.
But all of his images are of cute little animals.
I don't get that part.
I would have depicted Oswald, Dillinger, firing squads, etc.
Do you agree?

With the demise of millions of books stores, their wares show up many times in art...


Oh, but who could of seen that coming......DUH!

This guy covered every wall in his house with ping pong balls...Why, I don't know, but he wears denim shirts just like me, so he can't be all bad.

This image was made from stained Scrabble tiles.

This guy uses people as a medium...

I am fascinated by this. I can't figure out if it's inside or out, but doesn't it look fun?
I WANT ONE!!!

As stated many times, I like reuse...


We could all make one of these out of an ordinary table...

*****
(ASIDE: My computer is now selecting almost every word I type as misspelled. Anybody know why it would rebel like a spoiled child after all these years?
In that last sentence it underlined "is, as, it, like, why, etc.
Help me out here people....anybody viewing from India?)
*****

I don't know about this one...
...It's sort of like the bookshelf is rebeling over the bullshit that gets published nowadays.


Poor fucker probably spent $300 to make this and for that amount of money he could have a man-sized Lay-E-Boy like I got...


"Oh, thank you, dear. I will be the only one in our coven to own one."

There are many of these 'Live Plant' jewelry items.
...my wife's got some shit growing out of her ear...but I'm not sure it would qualify as jewelry.


I find these fascinating...if you live in the right neighborhood...

Here are art or objects made with language.
I think language and visual art mell well.
*****

I get an illusion sent to me every day. Here's a good one.
Can you find FIVE faces in this mountain?

This illusion involves the lack of his hand casting a shadow. I do not know the solution to this one.
Any ideas?

Here's the fifth face.
Kind of looks like Richard Nixon....on a good day.
*****

DISGUSTING NEWS OF THE DAY
"SHE RECOGNIZED THE FLAVOR OF SEMEN!?!?!?"


For the love of Linda Lovelace, women...why would you admit such a thing??????

One of my very own...

WOMEN WHO LOOK LIKE SLUTS,
BUT PROBABLY AREN'T...

Cleavage...you show it - we look...period.



AND BREAKING NEWS...
*****

Unless I get a wild hair up my ass over something....

1 comment:

Robin said...

I think the explanation for the lack of hand shadow in the illusion is that the metal structure is actually symmetrical, and stuck through an opaque surface. The light source is on the other side of the wall and the shadow cast is from the hidden side of the metal structure.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive