About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Friday, May 13, 2011

A MESSAGE FROM AFAR

Greetings from Southern Georgia. It's 101 degrees. We are working in the sun under a cloudless sky. We stink.

The crew is magnificent. The three young guys are newly graduated from master's programs. They are smart and, I must say, the funniest crew with which I have ever had the pleasure to toil. They all play musical instruments, which they brought, and I drink beer while they jam on the porch of a beautiful lodge. It's very nice.

The other older guy is older than I, but works a full schedule without complaint. He is a retired EMT, which could come in handy. We start at 6 am and knock off at 5 pm. In this heat it is very difficult.

The mural work is going well.

I called my wife today for the first time since we got here. I feel very guilty for that. She worried, and I have not right to worry that dear woman.

I should be home next week. I have no posts ready, so please don't give up on me. I will be back up to form soon.

No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive