About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Sunday, November 20, 2011

ANOTHER KIND OF SERMON,,,,POLITICAL


Well, the OWS protests have continued with no sign of abatement.

Some businesses closed on the general strike day, but most think they just did it to avoid trouble.

I got this email the other day.
 I know just what he means. But I still think that government is so behind on how the market is being manipulated that it will take it years to catch up.

I hope this child is correct...I really, really do...

A very smart young man left me a comment a few days ago. He makes me proud....

Here's a problem we could address...
 But pinpointing the problems that need to be addressed is not the OWS protesters business.
I had a guy last night ask me just what it was that the protesters wanted. I told him that when you call the fire department it is not expected that you tell them how to put out the fire. Your job is to sound the alarm. 
I further added that there are so many things wrong that none of the presidential candidates have an opinion on all of them, so how can you expect some housewife, or college student to know?

I would strongly advise not giving the authorities any reason to think you are anything other than a law abiding citizen....

Peaceful civil disobedience is a very powerful weapon...



But in this country, freedom to stand on the sidewalk can be denied on the whim of an elected official.


My wife worked hard on the election campaign of our new mayor. The other day the governor called him and wanted his police chief to help arrest the local protesters. Both denied her request; forcing her to bring in State Troopers.
My kind of guy.

The hypocrisy is palatable..... 

Does this man look like a subversive to you?
 WELL, GODDAMNIT! DOES HE?!?!

So let's see what the internet has to say about it...







 And remember, I like to share both sides...





This is very, very clever....

 One of my very own...
 (by the way; I wrote that many months before OWS)

Now for the good news...

No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive