About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

NEWSY TIDBITS I FOUND INTERESTING



This is what a solar eclipse looks like from space....

These are the paths of future eclipses....
The red arrow shows that one will pass directly over my motherfucking house on August 21, 2017!!!!


The only time I have seen one was a string of unbelievable luck. I was driving down the interstate on the way to paint a mural when I just happened to come upon a few hundred cars parked along the shoulder near an overpass. I had heard the eclipse was due, but paid not too much attention.
Then I asked a guy standing there with his family what time and he said eight minutes, but warned I couldn't see it with the naked eye cause it would fucked me up. 
Then I remembered having my dark glasses lenses changed and the doctor had given me my old lenses in a little envelope. So I got those two lenses and held them in front of my one lens I was wearing and got to see the whole thing.
I remember the temperature dropped at least 20 degrees instantly. I understood why it freaked the ancients out.


A photographer has dedicated years to document the faces of British warriors before, during, and after war.

This is my kind of man...



 This is Saturn's north pole.......yeah, that's just about the coolest shit you'll see this week....and it permanent....

These are the familiar magnetic poles of earth...

These are the magnetic poles of the sun....

I wonder if this is true.....

I told you once that the number of different combination possibilities of your DNA would be a number greater than the number of atoms in the universe.
Now this.....
 I did the research, boys and girls, and that's just about right. 

 The other day I had a sonogram (just like they use on unborn children) of my heart. I wondered what took them so long to think of that. Anyway, my heart is fine.
But at the end he turned the probe into a microphone and I heard the sound of my heart pumping blood. It was extraordinary. It was a combination of a roaring surf and loud squirting, gushing sounds. I was mesmerized.

Oh, that reminds me, there's going to be a National Atheist Rally in Washington DC on March 24.

Then there's this....

First, I don't give a rat's ass about how anybody wants to raise support. But....BUT I wonder what other people would think if I started a Caucasians for Romney group?
Any of my black friends out there.....I would love for you to leave a comment.

And finally, on one of the tapes from Bin Laden's estate was a message to his children. Here it is:
"Don't do what I am doing. Study hard and live in peace."



No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive