About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Monday, March 11, 2013

MONDAY #1461




Bullshit. We are a body who just happened to have cosmic particles damage our long dead ancestor's DNA in just the right way to give us self awareness. No hocus-pocus. No magic. No "special".
We eat/shit, stir/sleep, mate/reproduce, die......just like this guy....
Or this guy....
I look back on religion, cults, spiritualists, tarot card readers, horoscope writers, ghost believers, aura seers, etc, etc, and I have just about decided that humans have a gene that commands that they truly believe they are special. For most people "Fuck, I don't know" just won't cut it.
We are so desperate to "know" that some people will just make shit up and other, lesser folk, are more than happy to sign on....so they too can "know" the meaning of it all.
I am very happy, thank you very much, not to know it all...the grand plan; the purpose of life; the meaning of it all. 
In the universe we ain't shit....we never were shit....and we ain't gonna be shit. We live and die in a blink of an eye and no body except your immediate circle cares. Don't dwell on it too much...just enjoy what you have and for the love of it all, try to be happy. 
Or as Dr. Seuss said, "Fun is good."
When I die I hope someone insults me with, "He wasted his whole life laughing and trying to make others laugh."


"I caught him looking at my breasts!" she sighed; her faith in mankind waning.
Fuck you.

A buddy of mine couldn't afford to get his brakes fixed, so he just got a louder horn.



I used to think this was projected, traced and painted...
Now I think it was printed out, sliced and glued on.

I paint many images of high-contrast images....
Many (most?) of my murals have been painted by non-artists under my supervision....school kids, senior citizens, retards, etc.
I have used this technique in several schools...
Children's faces placed at the corner like that, and there was only one color to paint.
The trick to minimize fuck ups (painting over the lines) was to give each child the tiniest brush possible.
Also I had a magic pencil. Once you draw the outline of the face, you apply the magic pencil over those lines. The magic pencil will bleed through the paint no matter how many times it has been painted over in error.
Then at night when the non-artists are gone, I trim up all the rough edges to the original design.
Then, in a month or two, the magic pencil marks just fade away.
It has always amazed me how few hints we humans need to discern exactly what is happening.

This is exactly the way I look when a friend is thinking about taking a sucker bet from another bar hustler....
Without bragging, I think I can state with some certainty that I am a bar hustler. I don't look for marks, I wait for the marks to come to me.
If you are ever sitting at a bar with me, never use the word "bet" in casual conversation. For instance, never say something as stupid as "I bet they never score another point." I will immediately start weighing the odds. If it's late in the game, you are safe. But if it's early in the game, then I will say something like this.
"Excuse me, but did I just hear you say that you bet they won't score another point?"
They will try to explain the rationale behind their statement and I will agree enthusiastically. Then I will say, "Well, I have twenty dollars that says you are wrong." Then, in front of his friends, I place the twenty on the bar.
Very seldom do they turn down the bet even though the odds are overwhelmingly in my favor. I think they are just paying hard earned money to save face.

I love science humor.


Are you a pessimist or an optimist when it comes to giant snakes?

That reminds me of this: What do you call an overwhelming fear of chainsaws?
Common sense.

Speaking of giant snakes, South Carolina has just begun letting hunters (without limit or cost) kill wild hogs, coyotes, and something else I can't remember. They are all from somewhere else and are decimating native wild life.
There are those who are agin it.


This would be a lot more impressive if I knew what the fuck it meant....

Got this email from one of my advisors....the one that I like:

I have some time off next week.  I started looking around at things to do and came up with a camping trip to the desert.  I want the kids to see the "real" night sky, and the moon will be in the perfect phase for star gazing.

I also wanted some cool daytime things to do so we will go see some of the best pictographs in the world; 4000+ years old.  Fossils will be good too, but we will have to leave them there since they are protected.  Leaving them will be the hardest part for the youngin's since they love collecting them.
That man should write a book on fatherhood.

Not sure this is correct, but if it is, should be feel smug by beating out Colombia?

This dog fucked with a bee's nest. I had a Dalmatian that kept biting at the yellow jackets as they flew out of their ground nest. It got stung so many times that his muzzle swelled up like this, only about as big as a football...

 I thought there was a miles square underground mushroom somewhere that was the oldest?

Back when I went to funerals, I heard a eulogy say "He had a very big heart" and the guy died of an...



I've sold many multi-thousand dollar mural ideas produced while I was taking a shit.



My wife immediately throws resumes in the trash if she sees the word "visionary" or "ninja".



She should immediately start buying lottery tickets in the lucky little bastard's name....

Let's learn something today, shall we....wait til the end...

Whenever I have a difficult decision to make, I ask myself, "What would Steve McQueen do?"



You need a bigger fucking boat!
Seeing how well these things swim, I wonder how long it's going to take before the Everglades pythons make their way to Cuba.

You are doing it wrong...but don't let that stop you...


If you advertise your business on your car, don't drive like an asshole.




This is a gigantic "swing" down a canyon. His girlfriend balked about twenty times, so he simply pushed her off the cliff. She is now his ex-girlfriend. How do I know that? She screamed it on the way down.....true...I watched the whole video...
How, ah, does she get down to the ground?

One of my very own...

This reminds me of those faking soccer players...

Please read this...


Whenever I want something really bad from my wife, I promise her I won't masturbate in the kitchen for a week.



Speaking of jackoffs...
I actually don't think they are jackoffs, but I couldn't think of anything else to say.

Welcome to lower management...

I purposefully ignore any email that says "ASAP" for at least an hour on the principle that whoever uses such an acronym needs to calm the fuck down.



????

Yeah, guys do shit like this all the time...

OOMVO...

I can always tell when my wife hasn't had her medication...

Can you figure out how this happened?

I asked my North Korean friend how is life was going.
He replied, "Can't complain."


And if you don't see it coming, you aren't paying attention.
I don't know shit about the ins and outs of the implications of the above, but I know I don't like it.
How long are we (on all fronts) going to give the government the power to take more and more of our freedoms? Are we all going to wake up one day and say, "Boy, I never saw that coming"? Well, you don't have the right to not see it coming.

None of the following things, alone, mean all that much, but I find them systemic of governance's contempt of the governed.
We have been told that a bar owner may not smoke in his own bar. You like that, since you don't smoke. But what about the 25% (or so) people who do. Do we strip their rights to accommodate the majority? Wouldn't it be more "fair" for you to lodge a complaint with the owner and then not go back there if they don't change?
You can't get a really big Coke in New York. 
We are about to have restrictions over a weapon because of what it looks like, just so someone can say they "did something" about insane people killing innocents.
We know our phone calls, emails, texts and conversations are being monitored, but, you say, I don't do anything wrong so it doesn't concern me. If you are of that view, you, my friend, are the problem.
We know that rich people buy your state house and Washington in order to get special favors, and we just consider it business as usual.
The "war" on drugs is a fucking joke.
Drones put a target on everyone's back.

Holder: US may use drones to kill US citizens on US soil but only bad people so don't worry


I think cities need a lot more of this...

Chivalry isn't dead. It just followed wherever being lady-like went.





3 comments:

Jambe said...

It's not obvious to me that people have the right to cause cancer in others, or to drink soda, or to own weapons, or to be unmonitored.

Smoking in public places—especially enclosed ones—is simply rude. It's no less rude than spraying oneself with skunk odor before barhopping and then randomly spraying fellow bar-goers along the way. Also, smoke kills people via cancer; it's not as if banning it in public spaces is a capricious restriction of rights. Clearly the government is tyrannical because a majority of people want a minority that's slowly killing themselves and everyone around them to stop it! Eh.

I don't care if New Yorkers want to limit the size of soft drinks ("first they inhibit my gluttonous desire for flavored sugar-water, next they take away my 5th Amendment rights!").

I support restricting certain weapons, but not simply because random massacres happen.

And, finally, I agree that privacy should be much more respected both by government and by the population at large, but I don't think humans have an inherent right to privacy or that privacy should never be invaded. These issues aren't clear-cut, black & white, yes or no problems...

Ralph Henry said...

Smoking:
Why would you go into a place that allowed smoking? If it bothers you, go somewhere else. If enough people did that, the bar owner would change policy for obvious reasons.
Planes, buses, etc are different. The government OWNS those or at least has a regulatory responsibility. I don't have to ride a bus if I don't like the no smoking rules, just like you don't have to visit my bar just because I allow it.

Big Drinks:
So, you would be in favor of government restricting menus in restaurants to only healthy foods?

Guns:
I, too, am in favor of restricting certain weapons. Stinger Missiles come to mind. But taking my AR is not going to end senseless slaughter.


mike harris said...

If you agree with the Iranian lady that 'our governments ' are much the same, then you must be blind or stupid.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive