About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

WEDNESDAY #2208

This is just two of the thousands of internet gags about this...

"Sir, did the US take away North Korea's internet?"


I HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY AND IF YOU GATHER WITH FAMILY, YOU ARE ONE OF THE LUCKY ONES.

To scroll by...



Iranian Air Force?

Strange(ish) juxtaposition...

 Me and this guy ought to get together and brainstorm...


Apollo designer Wernher von Braun  My mother was in a band once and played at an event where this guy was to give a talk. She got his signature, but said he had more security around him than the president.
Hitler was real proud of this guy's work, too.

 Proof that a woman need not take off all her clothes to make an extremely erotic photograph...
 Here's another example...
But you may have noticed, she didn't have the budget for a foot guy to clean that filth off her sole.

If I'm not mistaken, this animal's blows are extraordinarily powerful...

This guy carves and paints brush handles...

My favorite of all the words...
 Indeed.
Every time I tell someone I love the word 'indeed,' they say something like, "So you sound smarter?" And I say, "Indeed."

So what does it look like he's doing to you?

Couldn't you just see a sci-fi movie filmed here?

Watch long enough to know what's going on here...
That's hilarious. 

I tend to agree.

Had I been at this place, I could have spent the afternoon just inspecting this one feature...
 And remember, they didn't have detailed drawings, they had scaled models. I once inspected a half dozen or so of Michelangelo's models for the vatican. Now think of the model made to prove this would actually work. Then the pieces were used to scale up to the carved stone.

Same barber?

Old warriors explaining what it was like...
 I've known a lot of old warriors and you never know when this will happen to them...
 Most of them never talked about the utter horror when they were younger and raising families and had to be strong, but later they tear up pretty quickly.
And it's probably the same all over the world...

 Can you figure out what's going on here?
I've narrowed it down to two choices:
1) The whale is on the bottom where there is a difference in salinity, forming in layers.
2) The whale is swimming upside down and is just below the surface. 

Shit you don't see everyday...


I find it funny how Sears locks up their knives but leaves their frying pans out in the open.



My guess is that the trees started reappearing as soon as homes could be heated and meals cooked with something besides wood. 


Tollund Man, a corpse that has been perfectly preserved in bog for approximately 2300 years.


How did the guy who made the first clock know what time it was?


She dresses with four inches of cleavage and acts offended when a guy looks?! What did she expect to happen?
If a guy showed the top three inches of his dick, I know she would look.
It's all so phony. 



Dinosaur bone and meteorite ring...
I have such mixed feelings about that. 
Then there is the guy whose daughter asked for "ear rings"...
I'll let you figure out what the guy's wife wanted on this next one...
 I bet my wife can figure it out.

 Sign on grocery carts...
 You might want to take the time to read this...


My wife gets road rage pushing a shopping cart through the grocery store.



 "You gonna eat that," asked the dog...
 Speaking of...

Carpool lane?


I am so taken with this child...
 Let's just all get together and elect her president of the world. What say?


They call it trial and error, but it’s mostly error. Like a shitload of error.




Birthday party parking at the retirement home...

How....appropriate....


This street in York, England is called "The Shambles" and some of the buildings date back to the 14th century...

I know all about this...
When a child enters public school, the parents are asked if they would like the school to feed the child for free. There really isn't a "need" requirement, but if you have a food stamp card, you automatically get it.
Think about that. The government is already buying your food, but since you are too fucking lazy to feed your own kid a bowl of cereal, then the school will feed him a bowl of cereal in your stead.

Which do you think came first, the shelves or the luggage?
 I want to say luggage, then the shelves were build to match. But luggage may come in fixed sizes and the shelves could be built, then luggage found to fill spaces.

This is called Twiddling Your Thumbs...
 Nobody ever does it anymore and I don't know why.
I guess this is the closest we get to it...

There used to be movies that featured dancing...lots and lots of dancing...
 Can you imagine that being offered today?

 Said the bible scholar.


 And lastly, whatever this night means to you, I hope you have a good time...
I'm going to spend mine with family. Fancy restaurant. Our friend the chef loves cooking on Christmas Eve. Says people are just nicer. I am going to let him cook me whatever he would like to cook and hope he gets creative.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

School Lunches.

Twice a year, our school sends home a form for parents to fill out to be qualified for free lunches. You must state your family income. I refuse to complete it as it's no ones business what my income is. I expect most people just fill it out because the school gave them something to fill out.

In the end, I pay for all my kids lunches BUT they also have to bring a little extra--thanks to the First Lady. My 0% overweight kids can't get enough calories for their active lifestyle.

Anyway, I was telling this story to another family in the school, whereby the Mom leans over, speaking low, and says, "Just fill out the form and say you only make $10,000/year, like everyone else does." Apparently, the school or the State has no requirement, or desire, to verify any of the information. This is an open secret. I'd expect that many schools let parents in on the secret personally. I told the Mom, that she should thank me for paying for her kids lunch that she is more than capable of providing. She looked at me confused.

People really have no idea where the government gets the money to pay for such things... There not getting over on some mystery body 1000 miles away in a far off land, they getting over on me.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive