About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Monday, July 24, 2017

MONDAY #3235

One Of My Very Own...




My grandson likes to paint. Go figure.

===
United Nations projections indicate that over the next 50 years, the populations of virtually all countries of Europe as well as Japan will face population decline and population aging. The new challenges of declining and aging populations will require comprehensive reassessments of many established policies and programs, including those relating to international migration. Focusing on these two striking and critical population trends, the report considers replacement migration for eight low-fertility countries (France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Russian Federation, United Kingdom and United States) and two regions (Europe and the European Union). Replacement migration refers to the international migration that a country would need to offset population decline and population aging resulting from low fertility and mortality rates.


<>

When I was but 11 years old my father bought a "zero turn" lawnmower. When I asked him what that meant, he said he was taking zero turns mowing the lawn.


ART AND/OR ODD CREATIONS


===
I wrote a novel in which a bolt was found in the pocket of that Ice Man they found in the Alps, and this bolt was of a very unusual aluminum and thread measurements that have never existed.

===
Drones are fun...



How fun.

===
I STILL don't have any of these eyes.

===
Unusual food presentations

Oh, hell no.
I pay people to do that for me.

===

===

===

In 1992, a strangely curious man named Wu Anai, near the Chinese village of Shiyan Beicun in Longyou County, based on a hunch, began to pump water out of a pond in his village. Anai believed the pond was not natural, nor was it infinitely deep as the local lore went, and he decided to prove it. He convinced some of his villagers and together they bought a water pump and began to siphon water out of the pond. After 17 days of pumping, the water level fell enough to reveal the flooded entrance to an ancient, man-made cave, confirming Anai’s suspicion. This cave, now called the Longyou Caves, represent one of the largest underground excavation made during ancient times. A total of 24 hand-dug caves were eventually discovered, each with an average floor area of a thousand square meters and ceilings that reaches heights of up to 30 meters. The total area covered by all the caves exceeds 30,000 square meters.



===
Nice.


<>
There's a fine line between a numerator and a denominator.

(only a fraction of people will find that funny)


THE HUMAN BEING

A holy shit moment if I've ever seen one...
One stone too many. RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY!

===
How to really fuck with your son.

===
Some of us are just in need of more attention than others, I guess.

===
Have I ever told you about the last time I was in a church?
Maybe he told one lie to many....get it?

<>

I bet Dr. Frankenstein didn't know what to call his monster so he said "hey dude" a lot.


ANIMALS

That is the most fearsomely aggressive stanch I have ever seen. That bad boy is ready. 

===
I'm just going to leave this here without comment.

===
All things Ralph...
And we have something else in common.

===

===
Florida?


<>

The average person swallows 8 Spider-Man reboots in their sleep.


OBJECTS OF INTEREST

I found out that most toasters won't do that. There is a kill switch that turns it off when overturned.

===
Remember this shit?

===
Arguably the most important artifact the world has ever known.............lost it.
I find that crap-in-my-pants hilarious.

===
Seal on Tut's door
I've always loved that image.

===
This is a new Thermal Stretch Ceiling that is amazing. 
Well worth the 6 minutes or so:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcHs8sGXHA4

===
The moon over Mt. Rainier.
My brother lived there and the city wanted to impose a "View Tax"; meaning if you could see the mountain from your property, you paid for it. My brother went to a city council meeting and explained that a house with a view already costs twice that of the house without a view, and taxes were assessed on value of the house, so indirectly he was already paying a view tax.

===


<>

“…then why are they called THROW pillows!” ~ Drunk  me cleaning up a broken lamp.


RATHER NEWSY ITEMS...or not


===

===
True? I don't know the actual number, but I know it's not all that rare.

===

===
There was an article printed about one of my murals that stated that I used 64,000 gallons of paint. The local business community went nuts since it was city funded...until I explained.

===


<>

I own hundreds of books about minimalism.

<>

I'm going to try this one more time...
Imagine a machine like that that ran super fast....so fast that the marble was carried along very, very fast. Like the interval between each step was less than it would take light to travel the same distance. Of course you wouldn't be able to "see" the difference with your eye, but if it was long enough could it carry along something at or over the speed of light? Now it doesn't have to look like that, or, of course, be hand cranked. 
Here's another example:
Had there been a beachball on the end, would it not be carried along much faster than it being in the water?

1 comment:

Kranky Old Guy said...

Re: "I Still don't have any of these (googly) eyes". Here ya go Ralph:
https://www.amazon.com/Watch-them-wiggle-Black-PIECES/dp/B0074MHV7W/ref=sr_1_6?s=arts-crafts&ie=UTF8&qid=1500931028&sr=1-6&keywords=googly+eyes

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive