About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Saturday, November 4, 2017

SATURDAY #3238

One Of My Very Own

EMAIL: ralph.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com

Revolution ~ The Beatles

NEWSY BITS





<>
I'm old enough to wonder whether long-life light bulbs are a worthwhile investment.

<>


PEOPLE


===

===
If I know anything with absolute certainty, it is that every person has a story every bit as dynamic as every other person.

===
This poor bastard thought he was reenacting a Civil War, not starting another one.

===
????

===

===
“If at the end of a war story you feel uplifted, or if you feel that some small bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, then you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie.” - Tim O'Brien, The Things They Carried

===
It’s good to be the King.

===
Movie images

<>
It's fucked up that the dog from Frasier probably thought it was all real.

<>


PLACES

I think I would like that.

===
I would love to buy an abandoned church and turn it into my home. Take the time to look at the potential.

===
It happens quite often that astronauts get stuck midair in the Kibo ISS module.
How wonderful.

===

===

===
This Is How Brazilian Women Celebrate A Soccer Goal.
Put me in the game, coach.

===
A picture that tells a story.


<>
Marriage used to be so simple. You would meet a man, buy his daughter, make awkward conversation til she died in childbirth. What went wrong?

<>


THINGS

Massive hydraulics failure
That blew the back wheels off!

===
I wonder if they need a volunteer.

===


===
These are disasters waiting to happen.
I'm not sure how to make them more resistant to wind, but somebody needs to work on it.


<>
ME: I call my dick Life because life is hard.
SHE: Life is also short.

<>


LANGUAGE

Why do people fall for this kind of shit so easily?

===
Oh, yeah? How about women free themselves?
"Free themselves"....get it?

===

===
I found this humorous.

===

<>
Now that beer has replaced sex in my life I can't even get into my own pants.

<>

<>

===

===

===

===

===


2 comments:

Jambe said...

The guy getting flipped off by the lady isn't a reenactor it matters that he isn't. See this other image of the guy sporting his fabulous and protest-appropriate long & short arms:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIJVi2WXsAE6ab8.jpg

On that topic, open carry is one of the stupidest things we do in this nation. As with drivers and motor vehicles, most gun-owners in America don't know how to use them safely, and yet every dipshit and his mother has one, and certain of those dipshits can provocatively flaunt them in public. Being a gun-owner myself, I nonetheless can't abide most of my fellow countrymen owning them anymore than I can abide them having cars (most Americans have no fucking business driving vehicles, especially here in the north where icy roads are common and people can drive despite having had absolutely no practical training in icy conditions).

Screening for gun ownership is also hilariously inadequate here. I come from a mongrel and increasingly white-trashy lineage of hicks so I have several personal reasons for feeling this way, all of them possessed of a temper every bit as hot as mine, all of them ex- or current convicts.

I'd apologize for the rant, but I just experienced another tornado and have spent too much time dealing with dipshit neighbors bickering over who gets fallen limbs and predatory contractors prowling the area and far too little time actually cutting up my poor toppled trees. Sometimes I hate this fucking country.

Ralph Henry said...

Never apologize to me, Jambe. I cherish you thoughts.
Good luck with the weather issues.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive