About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

WEDNESDAY #4052

One Of My Very Own
<>

EMAIL: 
ralh.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com
<>



Fuck China 
<>

 <>


*MNBT
<>


One of my wife's funkier stores was adorned with several of my paintings. Now that she has retired I denuded the shop and brought my art home to roost.





I have mentioned these to you in a prior post. Originally they were placed in bathrooms at a bar - the man in women's and the woman in the men's.
 She was leaning over a sink.
Newcomers to the bar would immediately turn and leave thinking, of course, that they had walked into the wrong restroom.


Many years ago a read of a sculptor who represented very realistic pairs of people doing various things like eat at the same table or playing cards. But he chose his models so that the two people hated one another.
So, when I decided to paint a painting depicting my family I had them put on every piece of cold weather clothing they owned then had them stand outside in the sun on a day that the thermometer read 107 degrees. It shows in their expressions.


 I tried everything I could think of to get rid of that glare but no luck.
<>

 <>

IT MIGHT BE NEWS TO YOU


 ^^A1^^

Battle damage at Yorktown, VA
 ^^A2^^


These are the scars left on the State House by Sherman's siege of Columbia, SC.
 ^^A3^^

Missile defense
 The sound on this is unbelievable.
SOURCE: CLICK HERE

How huge must the magazine be?
^^A4^^

African grey parrots volunteer assistance even when there is no expectation of personal gain

SOURCE: CLICK HERE
 ^^A5^^


 ^^A6^^

What's wrong with the lady's feet? 
^^A7^^

Nature be crazy.
 ^^A8^^


<>

 FYI to my fellow attorneys: If you ask someone if they can pass a drug test, and the person replies, "What KIND of drug test?"...the answer is NO, THAT PERSON CAN'T PASS A DRUG TEST.

<>
<>

PEOPLE NICER THAN ME

  ^^B1^^


He gave so much pleasure while he was in so very much pain.
^^B2^^


US company, NonLethal Technologies, said they were no longer selling tear gas to Hong Kong. 
 ^^B3^^

Can President Tsai Ing-wen Preserve Taiwan's Democracy?

Now the future of Taiwan–without rival the freest place in the Chinese-speaking world–as a U.S.-allied, liberal, democratic beacon in Asia is under “constant assault,” Tsai says, as Beijing tightens the noose on restive populations at its periphery, from Xinjiang to Tibet and, of course, Hong Kong. The CCP sees this election as an opportunity to do the same to Taiwan, Tsai says–something she is determined to prevent. “Beijing would like to see a divided Taiwan, to see our economy and development stall, to create a better foothold to influence cross-strait relations,” she says. “However, when it comes to Taiwan’s sovereignty, democracy and freedom, I believe our people are mostly in agreement.”
SOURCE: CLICK HERE
 ^^B4^^

  
We can guess where this was made...
^^B5^^


SOURCE: CLICK HERE


^^B6^^

My mother once had a neighbor whose baby had "water on the brain" and was in constant pain. The doctors told her there was nothing that could be done and that their baby would surely die. This mother heard of an old black faith healer deep in the woods and wanted to take her baby but her husband forbid it. So my mother drove the woman and her baby deep into the woods and walked to the shack where the old woman was said to live. There were dozens of black people standing around. Then the very old lady came out on the porch and took the baby with one instruction - that the mother must not enter the house.
So my mother held this poor woman for half an hour while listening to her baby scream bloody murder. Finally, the old woman brought the baby out and it was totally cured and never had any more symptoms.
Make of that what you will.
^^B7^^


 ^^B8^^


<>

 I logged back into Facebook for 5 minutes and now I have 3 scheduled fistfights, and my family disowned me. But hey, Karen got a puppy!

<>
<>

REAL CADS


 And remember, surveillance video from is first suspected suicide attempt was destroyed by "accident."
 ^^C1^^

The city is implementing a new surveillance system.
 No one seems to care about that anymore.
^^C2^^


I will guarantee you that this woman grew up with brothers...lots of brothers.
 ^^C3^^
 
Holliman's prosthetics were returned to him on January 2, after he met with a photographer and a reporter.
 ^^C4^^

 And the winner is Laquisha, her new cellmate.
 ^^C5^^

 This dog's ear looks like you-know-who.
 ^^C6^^

 
 ^^C7^^


It is against American law for an American to offer a bribe to foreign officials. I think that is exactly what Donald Trump did in Russia and Putin has the proof.
*MNBT ^^C8^^

Cartel Roadblock
Mexico... you are still scary. I guess this is becoming more frequent. Many of them are looking for 4x4 vehicles to steal to incorporate into their war. So if you are planning a trip to Mexico from the states, it's probably best to just avoid it. People have died trying to run through these roadblocks.
SOURCE: CLICK HERE
 ^^C9^^

  ^^C10^^


(She should be charged.) 
^^C11^^

Women looking at a man naked for the first time.
I guess you could call that a shortcoming.

How about we men get to feel how big the vagina in before any judgment is passed.
 ^^C12^^


<>

If I just had a baby and was sitting in a donkey stable in the middle of winter and a little boy started drumming right in my sleeping infant's face, I would have totally lost my shit.

<>
<>

ON EDUCATION


No, that's not how it works.

IQ tests measure logic, problem-solving, pattern recognition, etc. It IS NOT memorized facts. Learning to change a tire on a car is a useful skill, but you simply don't have to be very smart to do it.
^^D1^^

 ^^D2^^

There are many people who claim that college degrees don't make you smarter than, say, a plumber. I disagree.
I college scientists have to take classes in Art. Art majors have to take science classes. This is done to produce well-rounded people who have a grasp on our culture.
I think that learning just how much you DON'T KNOW is the biggest benefit of higher education. 
Marginally educated people think that their opinion is just as accurate as anyone else's.

This is simply not true. How you FEEL about climate change has nothing to do with it.
^^D4^^

Well educated people get to enjoy gags like this.

 All majors take art. I took physics.
 ^^D5^^

I admire educators who invent memorable ways to explain complicated concepts. 

 ^^D6^^

Lastly, let's think about who put on the ark. You, a tire changer, think you should be allowed to go because people will need their tires changed when the ark reason our new home planet. But the automotive engineer who designed the whole system can most assuredly change a tire but he can also design a whole new system if needed.
^^D7^^




<>

My wife found Elf on the Shelf in the bottom of her lingerie drawer. This explains so many things.

<>
<>

TOXIC MASCULINITY

Most men would be embarrassed about being carried around by a girl.
 Most men are idiots.
 ^^E1^^

Shrek

No, not her. In the trunk. 
^^E2^^

  That's why women live longer.
^^E3^^

  I can almost guarantee you that a couple of those men knew that wouldn't work and they just stood by to see what would happen.
^^E4^^


I am disappointed in vain men. Shavers, groomers, and preeners are an enigma to me. 
^^E5^^

 ^^E6^^


If you think car accessories will make you cool, you will never be cool. 
^^E7^^

Every man knows that every other man jacks off but oddly we never ever talk about it.  
^^E8^^

  It is almost irresistible for a man not to throw things when up high.
^^E9^^

  Why do men do shit like that? For the story.
^^E10^^

  ^^E11^^

  If it can be done there is a man who will do it.
^^E12^^


 ^^E13^^


My Uncle Bill drew bills out of a hat and wrote checks until his account was empty. One company gave him a nasty phone call and he told them if they didn't watch out he was not even going to put them in the hat.

I've had two wives and both of them refused to allow me near a checkbook - and for good reason. The moment they saw that I had NEVER balanced my checkbook, it was taken away from me.
But I never bounced a check. I intuitively knew I was getting short of money and I got very good at it.
^^E14^^

<>
 <>

 <>

 <>

 <>

 <>

 <>

 <>

<>

 <>

 <>

 <>

<>


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The one on the far right

Scott James said...

It is the one on the left. The flat-liner.

Stephen Hait said...

To reduce the glare on the painting photo, could you turn off the light source causing the glare (ceiling fixture, perhaps?) and light it some other way from the side? Love these paintings, by the way.

Ron said...

The one on the right has been a autopsied. Hard to survive that.

Anonymous said...

No, the one on the right has been autopsied. Hard to survive that.

Ralph Henry said...

I don't think they hook an autopsied body up to an IV. That scar could be from heart surgery. I agree with the flatline on the left.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive