About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Saturday, May 15, 2021

SATURDAY #4525

 One Of My Very Own

<>

BOOKSHELF TOYBOX UPDATE

I've begun cutting the pieces for the actual toy box. It will be massive.

<>

EMAIL: ralh.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com

<>


Zoom needs a button that plays wrap-it-up music like at the Oscars.


<>
<>

FUN WITH LANGUAGE


It is scientifically impossible not to read that with a French accent.

^^A1^^

^^A2^^

^^A3^^

Fuck all philosophy except for whatever the hell Diogenes was trying to teach.

^^A4^^

^^A5^^

^^A6^^

^^A7^^

What a wonderful segue to the next section.

^^A8^^

<>

"I will not be manipulated in my own fucking house" I shout as I hand my wife another bag of peanut M&Ms I had to come into the house from my studio to fetch her.


<>
<>

EXEMPLARY BEHAVIOR


Rooftop Farming



I'm all for it.

Pros: Cooling the roof, exercise for gardeners, food, oxygen, and a pleasant environment.

Cons: None.

^^B1^^

I was once asked to paint each of the company's delivery trucks to match the mural I had previously painted on their store. When the crew and I arrived it was pouring down rain. I bought a 40'x40' tarp and some rope and made a huge tent under which we finished to work on time.

^^B2^^

Every bridge with even one accident should have one of these signs. But I've never understood why they don't just dig out two or three feet of the roadway.

^^B3^^

I was always very careful about the costumes I wore. There were two requirements: My ability to drink beer, and my ability to urinate.

That first one does not satisfy my second requirement.

This costume meets both...

^^B4^^

[verification needed]

^^B5^^

When the Great Depress hit, my grandfather was an accountant with the largest sand and gravel company in Alabama. All of the white color workers were white and almost all the blue-collar laborers were black. When revenue dropped dangerously low it was decided that all profits would be split to keep everyone employed. After the Great Depression, that company had the most loyal employees you could possibly want.

Also, my grandmother took old men's suits with threadbare knees, seats, and elbows and by designing out the damaged areas made women's suits out of them. 

She shared these with the wives of both black and white employees.

Most of the black employees lived in the country and thus had gardens. The bounty from these plots was also shared with the company.

Anybody who knew how kept the vehicles repaired. Other employees made repairs to houses. A crew of truck drivers reroofed my grandfather's house.

I inherited my grandfather's gold retirement watch.

Whatever happened to that kind of cooperation? Isn't that the way humans are supposed to face a crisis?

^^B6^^

"I play this at work," said a commenter.

Reminds me of the movie Cube...which I loved.

^^B7^^

Spreading joy a million tiny bits at a time...

^^B8^^

An 8-inch gun salvo from the cruiser USS Canberra off the coast of Vietnam

During the Vietnam War, Canberra was homeported in San Diego. She deployed to Vietnam five times from 1965 to 1969 where her 8-inch and 5-inch guns provided support for US troops. During the deployments in 1967 and 1968, Canberra operated north of the DMZ shelling bridges, transport routes, and shore installations. 


My teenage best friend joined the navy to avoid "being shot at in the jungle" and while in bootcamp he was selected at random to become a corpsman in the Marines. He was on the frontlines for three years.

But he did his job which is exemplary behavior.

^^B9^^

Remember when we all just assumed that everybody condemned Nazis and white supremists? Now we have a whole political party who says "Well, they aren't that bad. They vote for our guy."

^^B10^^

Taking children to beaches is my very favorite thing to do.

^^B11^^

That's my wife's signature move.

^^B12^^

Caregiver teaching young polar bears to swim.

They caught on fast...

^^B13^^

I would do that.

^^B14^^

This is my chemist friend, Stephen. He really missed me during my staythefuckathome ordeal.

He's also a wonderful teacher.

^^B15^^

My primary advisor sent me this and said it blew her away.

It blew me away also.

I once read that the human voice is the finest musical instrument. This guy proves it.

And...


He hits notes that aren't even on the piano keyboard.

^^B16^^


<>

I'll choose my wife over my family any day. Blood ain't thicker than that ass.


<>
<>

LESS THAN EXEMPLARY BEHAVIOR


^^C1^^

There are factors about that of which I am unaware. Someone said she signed an afadavit saying she was not a felon when, of course, she knew she was.

[verification needed]

^^C2^^

^^C3^^

Except for emergency circumstances I don't think anyone should be able to keep huge carnivores in their homes.

^^C4^^

My friend Padilla loved to fight. When he got bored he would walk to a table, drink a guy's beer, and when the guy protested he would be asked outside to settle it.

^^C5^^

This is who we are and what we do. 

It should embarrass us as a species.

The search engine OCG  uses its ad revenue from your searches to clean the ocean and has now removed over 470,000 pounds of plastic from the ocean and coastlines!

^^C6^^

Is there such a thing as too much aggression for warriors?

^^C7^^

^^C8^^

Here are a few observations about that:



^^C9^^


^^C10^^

"Here in Colombia, the state is killing us."

"This is today's situation in Colombia, in different parts of the country, the police and government authorities are murdering unarmed young people who are demonstrating, what is happening is terrifying, killing them in front of many people in front of the cameras, and they don't care, please spread. "

[verification needed]

^^C11^^

Did you notice how that father dealt with the problem?

Yeah, that's his son.

^^C12^^

What ends up totally fucked?

A. The shipping crate

B. The crane

C. The boat

D. All of the people involved

E. All of the above except for the cameraman

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

D and E.

^^C13^^

What do you think this guy does for a living?

He's a baker.


This link in case there are problems loading.


Now go back and count the number of times he picks his nose.

^^C14^^

<>

If Wile E. Coyote and Roadrunner taught me anything it is when someone is mildly annoying you should devote the remainder of your life to destroying them.


<>
<>

LET'S MAKE FUN OF PEOPLE, SHALL WE?


Staythefuckathome Barbie

^^D1^^

Here's a hint...

^^D2^^

At least they are wise enough to cover their faces...

^^D3^^

^^D4^^

Using magic to overcome death...

Just like this guy...

^^D5^^

^^D6^^

Talk about skid marks on your underwear!

^^D7^^

A hundred times a day.

^^D8^^

^^D9^^

^^D10^^

^^D11^^

<>

<>


<>

<>


<>


She not only talked the talk she walked the walk. In a twisted way, I admire that.

<>


It's always funnier when it happens to a douchebag.

<>

<>


<>




<>




5 comments:

Inchworm said...

tHrush

Robin said...

Your notecard one liner reminded me of a camping trip many decades ago on which my brother posed the question, "What if we all wake up dead?" We weren't able to answer that one.

The bookcase toy box looks like a family heirloom in the making. Your grandson is one lucky guy.

Anonymous said...

Puzzle time:
Heather sees a thrush
The first letter in the person's name is the second letter of the name of the bird.

Steve said...

Puzzle:
Heather sees a thrush.

Each person sees a bird whose second letter is the first letter from the person's name.

D'Ascoyne said...

^C4
Please don't give my wife another excuse to kick me to the curb.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive