About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

PEOPLE NOT LIKE US

QUEUE: a line or sequence of people or vehicles awaiting their turn to be attended to or to proceed.
It is also the stupidest word of which I know. Think about it, it looks like it should be pronounced Q-U, but it's really pronounced just Q. Further, I am of the opinion that language is ridiculously difficult for no other reason than we humans don't like change. Spelling words as simple as possible (U, R, Y, B, Q) is deemed social childishness, a sign of ignorance and/or just plain vulgar, when in fact it's a brilliant simplification that shouldn't require an explanation.
***********************



WORD OF THE DAY:
zugzwang, noun, a situation in which a player is limited to moves that have a damaging effect.
(America today finds itself faced with the zugzwang to end all zugzwangs.)




First we had "Planking" whereby people all over the world lay face down and send the photo to a web site....so many that many of the sites I visit prohibit them.


TRUE:  After unclogging my pipes, my plumber told me that it was caused by "flushable" wet wipes. You have been forewarned.




Now they have "Owling", which is exactly what it sounds like....



What kind of dog feeds the hand that bites it?
( a hot dog )

"Did you see a sign out front that said 'Dead Nigger Storage'?" - one of the greatest lines ever.


Coffee just isn't my cup of tea.




I laughed....


BOOBIES: Nature's stress balls.




Somewhere a psychiatrists is already making the down payment on the new boat this bitch will buy him....


TRUE: My daughter came upon a preacher who declared that soccer was the work of the devil since you are not allowed to use all of your god-given body parts.




When you get ready to have a family portrait made, make sure your husband is in the proper frame of mind...


Some days it just isn't worth me putting on my bra.




At what point does a "Protest" turn into an all out "Riot"?
 


If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?




A rock?!? A FUCKING ROCK!?!?!?!


A line from a movie:
"The naughty bits and the dirty bits are so close together, it just goes to show you how eating and sex are so closely related."




Well, this makes me feel just a little better about myself...


Speaking of....


And yet these sons a bitches are seventy-fucking-years old...


Thought provoking juxtaposition....always thought provoking....


I like this photo. As soon as I saw it, it reminded me of these next two photos, which I've had in my file for a long, long time...


He doesn't look that crazy....


I've got a thing for people who hunt with trained birds of prey....I don't know why...


Go fucking figure....but my money is on that bag being filled with dope...


Talk about your odd couples....


Oh, this is just Picasso taking dancing lessons....


Just your normal multi-millionaire out for a night on the town...


This woman lost a leg to a land mine, now she makes false legs for others who have done the same thing...


Words can not express the images flashing through my imagination...


(notice the colors on the twirler)


Just a girl who has the guts to fight for her right to go topless just like the men. I applaud her.


Breasts are interesting. A woman will wear this dress then complain that men never make eye contact with her. 
Girls, if you want to be listened to, then cover those things up. We can't resist.


This woman is about the same age as my wife. I showed her this picture and asked her, "What's up with that?"


Oh, look, the royals are slumming.


The child survived...


So why can't Mud Wrestling be an Olympic sport?


Very, very shortly this child is going to regret that scream...


I can only assume he was a bystander who just got carried away....


How about NO!


Great pictures of the Tour de France....


Would somebody explain this one to me?


TOONS OF THE DAY.....




One of my very own....


WOMEN WHO LOOK LIKE SLUTS,
BUT PROBABLY AREN'T...


A sin.....yeah, right.....



No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive