About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Saturday, October 22, 2011

SO...WHAT'S YOUR HOBBY?


So this guy has a small workshop and in his off time he builds rockets...

This is a solid fuel rocket motor...
 I've seen a million of them, since I had to inspect them every working day for four fucking years. I think most people would think that the fuel filled the cavity, then burned from the open end until it ran out. But no. The full length of the fuel is ignited at one time...the hole is shaped like that to increase the burn's surface area.

Anyway, he puts it together and sets it off...

And it goes way deep into space....

Then parachutes back down and can be fired again within 24 hours...

I find this very interesting. You might ask why he spends his time and money on such things and I would ask you to look at that model train set in your basement.

My question is, however, how could you possibly know where (within a state or two) the motherfucker would land?


No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive