About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

ADVENTURER’S LOG: EARTH CYCLE TEN - TUESDAY #1694


HAVRE, (pronounced Hav-er) MONTANA

NEWSY ITEMS:

I think this is a rather powerful image...

 Come to find out, the names were given out by an intern at NTSB, an agency who should know such things.

Yesterday I mentioned farmers getting paid for "scar damage" to their land. That includes the roads they have to cut to drill the well....so, with horizontal drilling they can reach anywhere, so they put the drill platform next to the road to minimize scar damage payments.

This is my wife seen through the motel's door peephole...

This is the ONLY thing tagable on our trip today.
I used a 1" spade bit to drill a hole about a quarter inch deep to make it look more....official.
"Intertribal conflicts": that means the land had changed hands countless times before the white man came and was condemned for making the last hands theirs.
In case you're interested...

When my wife saw yesterday's post about the man's arm after running a belt sander, she gasped, "Why would a man put a belt sander on his arm?!?"
Then she fessed up about that time she had us drive an hour in the wrong direction. She said that when the list of cities came up, she "clicked on another town that began with H, instead of the one we were headed toward."
Well, that explains that.


As promised...
RANDOM THOUGHTS ON LIFE AND DEATH

If asked, everybody will tell you what they think life is all about...it's what we do...

I believe that self-awareness is no more, no less wondrous as...say...developing lungs or vocal cords, or for that matter, tap roots.


To me, this stardust thing is very, very exciting. 
I mean that. 
It used to make me feel I had zero worth in the massiveness of it all, but now I feel of equal value as everything else....stars, novae, or black holes.....and me...all equal except for size...and broken down into it's smallest building blocks, we are all identical.

It is very hard to forfeit the notion that you are not the center of the universe. But if you can...or at least when I did, I felt freer than I had ever felt.

And just like me, the stars die.

No, noble one, the universe has a secret just sitting there to be realized.

And that secret is....there is no meaning. If everything is equal, then nothing is special. 

 But we can still have fun. Fun makes the journey from birth to death just a little more pleasant.
...don't give a fuck about conventional "wisdom".

This is my definition of religion...
 Magic is either pure bullshit, or a misunderstanding of the laws that govern how shit happens.

But to think that you are the CAUSE of the universe is, I'm sorry to say, insane.
You religious people might want to scroll back up to the Hubble image of the star factory and be honest about whether you truly believe that it was created just so we humans could adore the creator.
What kind of a fucking creator would need such adoration?
 
I really do try to do more good than evil.
To harm people just so that you can temporarily be in possession of great wealth is, in my opinion, a waste...

Is this depressing to you?
 Well, get over it. Decomposition is like a rule...like recycling.
But that doesn't mean you shouldn't accomplish anything.
 Use your time wisely.
That is like my mantra.

You want to die a little earlier than normal?
 Go for it. I regret that you feel life is not worth it, but you have every right to do with your life as you so choose.

WARNING: WE ARE ABOUT TO ENTER A VERY STRANGE LAND....MOTELS WITHOUT INTERNET. WE ARE TRAVELING THROUGH A HUGE RESORT AREA AND IT WILL BE VERY HARD TO FIND A ROOM, AND MANY OF THE MOTELS HAVE NO INTERNET. FOLIO OLIO'S QUALITY WILL BE AFFECTED IF THAT IS THE CASE.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. You are SO wrong about God. Totally opposite of what is reality. I pray that while on your travels you have a "Damascus experience."

Ralph Henry said...

Damascus experience? Is that something you heard from that talking snake?

Jambe said...

Nice post, Ralph.

I was a bit miffed that it was followed by exactly the kind of overconfident twaddle you rightly disparaged. Perhaps Anonymous will enlighten us as to how God Hates Fags or some other inane horseshit.

Jesus loves me, this I know, for just yesterday an infant died of malaria in a ditch strewn with human excrement.

That has a nice ring to it, eh? A Hicksian ring, perhaps.

Warriormetalsmith said...

I thought Damascus was patterned steel used in knife making, sword making or gun barrels. So I am guessing that a 'Damascus Experience' might be one in which one of these objects penetrates you and I guess if so, well, that could be kind of considered a religious experience if one believes in that sort of thing...as ones entrails are separated from ones body. :]

Ralph Henry said...

The Damascus Experience - If my campfire starts talking to me, I'm going to seek immediate psychiatric help....or lay off the booze for a while.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive