About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Monday, October 7, 2013

OKAY, PAY ATTENTION


Last week someone sent me this email...

I would be interested to know if your traffic spikes using the keywords generated from this site. 

Sounds like a fun experiment. 

Triggertreat.net


So, I posted it Saturday as this....


This is where the site click took you...
It just kept spewing out NSA catch words...page after page.
This is what it says in the bottom left...

So here is a history of my hits to my blog for that week...
That huge spike is the Saturday I posted the "triggertreat" site.
And the weird part was I didn't list the words, just the site address.

The stats from Google did not list any particular post that received the hits nor the traffic sources of the post hits. The only thing I could learn is that all the hits came from Canada.....those bastards!








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's the point with the NSA keyword hit list? You're either trying to figure out their M.O. (which you won't, because you don't have expertise in comp. sci) or trying to somehow overload/disrupt their capabilities (which you won't, but you might get on a "troublemaker" list and receive extra scrutiny from the likes of the IRS or the image copyright people....)

I don't get it. The searches are run by bots -- of course traffic spikes when you use certain keywords. Where's the beef? Who sent you this link anyway? Friend or foe, hmmm?

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive