About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Sunday, October 6, 2013

SUNDAY'S ANTI-SERMON #1773


And this from the guy that set himself on fire on the National Mall. There is so much wrong with this image I don't even know where to begin...
First, you don't swat at a person on fire...you smother it with ground or any cloth you have.
Then we have the burning man having his back blurred...just in case that would offend someone.
And lastly, a mother holds her child so he can get a good look.....jeeeez.

NOW LET'S CONTINUE WITH ANTI-SERMON....


Seriously, nobody cares if you want to eat the flesh of your savior every Sunday.
Nobody cares if you think a pedophile dripping water on the head of your child will help him live for eternity.
Nobody cares if you think gods live on a mountain top and periodically fornicate with humans...very similar to the "Virgin" Mary.
Nobody cares if you believe in talking snakes.
You choose to believe that dead people are reincarnated into animals...who cares.
I mean it. I think it's perfectly acceptable and rather admirable to be moderately delusional.

These people's religion eases the pain of their total, complete powerlessness.... 
I get it...really.

But here's what I DO care about.
If you think that the first two humans were created whole and intelligent at about the same time, you can't call this science and have it taught in schools....I CARE! The rest of the educated world is laughing at us.
If you want to apply Bronze Age homophobia to the laws of a "free" land....I CARE!

If you think females are lesser beings than men....I CARE!
If your state laws prohibit an atheist from holding elected office...I CARE!
If you want to be exempt from taxes...I CARE!

I do not want to deny you this...
Any more than I want to deny a Haitian the right to sacrifice a chicken to make his life all nice again.
To me all gods are EXACTLY the same....
......Convenient.

Want to worship a rock? Go for it....
Want to impose Sharia law....No.

If you can read shit like this without laughing...
I don't care....but, please, never utter such nonsense around my children.

I believe in freedom. And that freedom includes the right to choose a delusion to believe in....

This is oh so true...
I'm not saying that science has all the answers, but science is what made me ask the hard questions and then the light went on and the blinders came off. And once the house of cards starts falling....it's liberating.

99% of religious people are thus so because of an accident of geography...YET every believer KNOWS they have "chosen" the right path with the same certainty...

I am going to repeat this...
When I discuss religion with someone, I never attack. I ask questions. I form my next question from the person's response to the first question.
Alienation never accomplished anything.

Then there are the stupid people...
These people should be ignored and reported to ATF to make sure they never get a weapon.

I have pointed out many of these....."problems" to believers and they blamed it on the translators...
....which is breathtaking. If some problems can be dismissed as translation errors, then why couldn't the part they live their lives by also be a mistranslation?

99.99999999% of Christians have never even considered that our founding fathers took special efforts to make sure we had no state religion.

And lastly, I watched a documentary about a widely publicized UFO landing a while back. It was kind of interesting until the data was examined and revealed that it was, in fact, a meteor, and I want bore you with the details.
What I found interesting, is that after their claims of UFO contact had been logically debunked, there were still townsfolk who said, "Well, I want the government to prove to me that the UFO didn't land."
I hope very much that you see how ridiculous that is. Extraordinary claims require...by logic...extraordinary proof....NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND!!!

My brain is tired now. Time for football.


No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive