About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

WEDNESDAY RT2 #2402MISS

One Of My Very Own...


>
You have to admit that the discoloration does look like Pluto...
 By the way, the camera that took that image is named Ralph.
 It is now impossible for me to look at that without seeing Pluto's profile.
>

I'm going to get on Hwy 45 tomorrow and it goes from the Great Lakes to the Gulf of Mexico.

>
Somebody has found the first key and sent a photo.
Well, technically it's not the "first" key, she was just the first to respond. Kind of a neat photo though ain't it?

>
Sanders is certainly getting some attention.


Came upon this headline...
And I thought, why is this news and what does 110 BC mean. Well, against every instinct I have, I clicked on and here is what I found.

>

As scientists and engineers are figuring out how to get the huge amounts of trash out of the ocean (mostly plastic), another problem to figure out is what to do with it all once it has been collected.

Well...
And I don't care if it's just a marketing ploy, if they make shoes of trash, I'm all for it.

>


Darth Vader lost his wife and two kids, killed all his friends, got burned all over, lost his arms, his legs and still kicked ass for three movies. Now get your ass up and go mow the fucking lawn.


 Not only do the Mongols use their thumb, they had a thing to assist them.

>
This is (was) the largest bomb ever created. It is called the Tsar Bomba, which kind of sounds like an island drink.

 As we have discussed before, there was a need to release the bomb with a parachute so that the delivery plane would have time to get clear of the blast zone.
 And how big was the blast zone?
 The destructive power was immense. The effect of the bomb is shown overlaid on this map of Paris for some perspective.

Then it occurred to a whole bunch of people, why fly a manned bomber all that way...
I have taken it upon myself to remind you from time to time that these things still exist.

>
 This is one of the reason I fear for the future.
There is no reason to learn cursive, yet we still spend hundred of valuable instruction hours for something they will never use. 

>
I do this, but with cats.
And it has occurred to me that I don't post enough images of cats, so here's one to atone...

>


Smart phone use is like fishing: There’s a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking like an idiot.


>
You just have to read this.

>


Some of the best moments in your life are the ones you can’t talk about.


>

>

The Pentagon's 1033 program makes sure that every Barney Fife has his own rocket launcher, and Playmobil is right there with him.


>
I am very tempted to do this in a microwave, and I don't know why...

>


I called the front desk and asked for a wake up call. He told me, “You are 70 years old and never been published, haven’t had an art show in 20 years, and think you’re a big deal cause a bunch of people like your blog.” I like the guy’s honesty.


>

>

This would be a wonderful survival skill to know.
I've made art concerning what would be important if the shit really hit the fan...
 I made storage boxes for nails and pulleys and such. I wrote a book about the breakdown of society and thought very hard about what kinds of things people would need; the things no one thought about.
People ask me why I didn't get any of my novels published, and I just laugh.
It's sort of like enjoying pickup basketball games and people wonder why you don't play for the NBA.

>
Well, we all have to admit, that was one brave little pig...
 ...was.

>

>
This guy showed how to assemble a Rubik's Cube in a bottle.
First you pop off the lid to a middle cube and unscrew the screw.
Then you start attaching on bit at a time with the aid of a cloth.
 Truth is, I didn't watch the last part of the video, so...whatever.

>
It's a burden some of us must bare.

>


My wife got an upscale set of bathroom scales. The first time she used them the little window read: One at a time, please.


>

>
I know how to do this...

>


If life gave me lemons, I would just give them back because I don’t like holding stuff.


>
The 70s. You got to love the 70s.
 Their command of language still leaves most of us in a state of awe.

>
>
Oh, look, somebody got published...

>


It was nice when I retired. I could finally continue sitting all day, only now it’s in a slightly more comfortable chair.


>
Caption this...I dare you...

You think that it ever occurred to Cinderella that she was going to marry a guy with a serious foot fetish?


>
This is SAM (Semi-Automated Mason).
There is a human present at all times to insure quality and for safety concerns.

If the past is any indication, a Republican would run up more debt that this guy.  

>


You know your life sucks when you find yourself on page 3 of an online forum debating the pros and cons of ceramic, glass, and stainless steel mixing bowls.


>
Clevernesses...

Benjamin Franklin maintained that every star is a sun, and every sun nourishes a “chorus of worlds” just like ours. Ethan Allen, the self-taught leader of the Green Mountain Boys, insisted that the inhabitants of these other earths included intelligent beings just like us. David Rittenhouse, the famous Philadelphia inventor and astronomer, made it official in a 1775 lecture that was reprinted for the benefit of the Second Continental Congress. “The doctrine of the plurality of worlds,” he said, “is inseparable from the principles of astronomy.”...
If these peace-loving aliens were a threat to anything, it was to theology. John Adams put his finger on the problem as a young man in a diary entry from 1756. Given the near-certainty of alien life, he reasoned, Evangelical Christians must either condemn our extraterrestrial brothers to everlasting perdition or suppose that Jesus shows up on an endless number of planets in ever-changing alien incarnations. Thomas Paine later made the same point in print, rather more caustically: “The person who is irreverently called the Son of God, and sometimes God himself, would have nothing else to do than to travel from world to world, in an endless succession of death, with scarcely a momentary interval of life.”
- That was brought to you by the fine folks at


1 comment:

Robin said...

Caption: Nicole discovered that Pierre really could drink anyone under the table.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive