About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Sunday, January 13, 2019

SUNDAY #3671

One Of My Very Own
 Well?
<>

EMAIL: ralph.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com
<>

NEWSY BITS

Ladies and gentlemen, the most beautiful, smartest, sweetest and helpful grandson in the entire world.






FYI: That is called Rembrandt Lighting.



Moving on...




For a 3 1/2-year-old, he looks like he takes his driving very seriously, but his game playing needs some work. I beat the little fucker every single time and most of the time I placed the puzzle pieces in the correct place on the very first try. Plus he picked the Colts and my Chiefs kicked his ass. I took his last dollar and he cried like a baby. Life is tough, kid, get a life.
<>


 <>

 Budapest
<>

 <>

VISUAL PUN

77
<>

TOTE THAT BALE
The jobs we perform

 They built whole cathedrals with technology like that.
^1^

This was much better with sound, but Blogger doesn't allow MP4s. Bummer.
^2^

Somebody has been thinking again.
^3^

1. It looks like more oil is spilling out than the tanker can hold.
2. How the fuck did the oil get that pressurized?
3. The driver just sits there - disregarding the threat of fire.
^4^

Today’s the day he quit his job...
We've all had days like that.
^5^

Very humanlike movements, don't you think?
"Any job that can be done with the hands will soon be done by a robot." Not my quote, but I agree with it.
^6^

Just a bit off the front, please...
Can a robot do that?
^7^

<>
You can say "Have a nice day" with no problem, but you can't say "Enjoy the next 24 hours" without sounding mildly threatening.

<>
<>

THE WONDER THAT IS TELEVISION

Entertainment at its finest...
 ^8^

In all of human history, this may be the first time a group of people tried this...
^9^

^10^

Last known photo of the Mercenaries that were hired to help prevent a Communist invasion of the Republic of Val Verde, 1987.
^11^

 
"Little House on the Prairie" in France.
^12^

<>
The most unrealistic part of spy movies is everyone’s ability to insert the USB drive on the first attempt.

<>
<>

ANIMALS THAT IMPRESS ME

Barkour

Porkour
 
^13^

 
^14^

Carolina Dog is just about the perfect pet. They are gentle, loyal, yet protective, yet low maintenance.
 ^15^

I'm betting that fish has been fed from that pier so many times that it is almost tame.
^16^

I think I have shown you that before. I hate cats that much.
^17^

<>
What if people got a new name every birthday.

<>
<>

FUN WITH LANGUAGE

 ^18^

 ^19^

^20^

^21^

I've said that to my kids before.
^22^

<>
They should make an essential oil with the chicken pox vaccine in it.

<>
<>

OBJECTS THAT ARE JUST FUCKING AWESOME

Prince Rupert Drop VS a bullet.
Think of the first person to drop a molten blob of glass in water and then discover that phenomena. I bet he freaked.
^23^

Rib Cage and resin...
 Knice
I later learned it is made of the spine of a pine cone.
^24^

And then the water receded.
^25^

This is extraordinary...
Unless someone is just fucking with us for imaginary internet points.
^26^

He Fried For Our Sins
^27^

The fun way to break the ice and start a conversation...
Let's just call that an interactive sculpture, shall we.
And I like it very much.
^28^

<>
We have all pretended not to look at the donuts being handed around the room and acted surprised when you got offered one.

<>
<>

PEOPLE DOING THINGS I CAN'T OR WON'T DO

One of the most poignant quotes I've ever heard was in the aftermath of a tsunami.
"I had nothing. Now I have lost everything."
^29^

 Beth seems fun.
^30^

Player 3 has entered the game...
^31^

Yes, I have more questions:
Don't you hate it when people park their cars like the red SUV?
What happened to the dog?
Did you notice the guy at the door almost got decapitated?
^32^

The show must go on...
 Asians
^33^

When she says, "Prove you're not drunk."
^34^

Oh, hell no.
^35^

^36^

<>
- I am a genie and I offer you 3 wishes.
- Make it 4.
- Granted. You have 3 left.

<>
<>

GET LEARNT

Auburn scored 56 points in the first half of their bowl game. We got to thinking about the highest scores, so I looked it up. Here is part of a very long list of teams who have scored over 100.

This Central Oklahoma team must have been a ball buster.

The vast majority were a hundred or so years ago, but here are some relatively recent high scores.


And the highest score I could find was St. Viator with 205.

^37^

Capturing plasma in a syringe.
Somebody want to explain that to me...in English...fifth grade English?
^38^

 ^39^

 ^40^

Yeah, but they didn't all look like her. Think of the ones with boils or vomit or oozing rashes.
^41^

<>
 <>

 <>

 <>

 <>

 <>

 <>

 <>

I'm going to try another topic in this the Afterthought Section. It will discuss one of my pet peeves. What I am not trying to do is sound like I have all the answers. I can only tell you my opinions following 70+ years of paying attention.


 I will use every weapon at my disposal to fight these people. They can do whatever they want to themselves, but harming babies is one of my flashpoints.

All I ask of you is to make these people pay a price for their folly. Refuse to be friends with them; don't invite them to family reunions; bring in a counselor. But don't just ignore it - that makes you an abettor.
<>

<>

 <>


No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive