About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

TUESDAY #3813

One Of My Very Own

 I'm sorry that I put you through that. Let me try to atone...

 <>

EMAIL: 
ralh.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com
<>



This is me watching the Liverpool/Tottenham game.

Rather boring until the main event arrived.

 
 

I think she was paid to advertise whatever this is.
 <>

 The Tiananmen Square Massacre picture we all should be posting.
For any of you young people who weren't around when this happened here's a good place to start learning.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1989_Tiananmen_Square_protests
<>

 <>

 <>


UNUSUAL LOCALES


I was so impressed with that that I did a little research.
 How very thoughtful.
Although they may have done it just to keep people from climbing up the fence for a better shot. 
^^A1^^


 Interesting read:
https://www.wired.com/story/are-humans-fit-for-space-a-herculean-study-says-maybe-not/
^^A2^^

Bailong elevator, China. 326m. Tallest elevator in the world.

A comment left about that: "Not even close to the tallest elevator. The AngloGold Ashanti's Mponeng Gold Mine in South Africa is damn nearly 2km taller."
Well, I think we need to look at the meaning of the word "tall."
^^A3^^


^^A4^^


That is the perfect segue to the next section.
^^A5^^


<>

If video games make kids more violent, then why do they keep losing fights with me?

<>
<>

HUMANS WITH MAMMARIES


My blog got taken off the air for showing female nipples. In this day and age, I find that extraordinary.
^^B1^^

I mentioned this to some young women at the bar and they totally agreed.
 ^^B2^^

I had not noticed that this movie showed her nipple in it until I watched it again recently.
 ^^B3^^

I also found it refreshing that she wore no makeup and was still amazingly beautiful.
 ^^B4^^

You men should want some woman to love you this much...
https://www.wsbtv.com/news/trending-now/woman-poses-as-sheriff-releases-boyfriend-from-jail/950072194
^^B5^^


That image reminds me that I'm helping my wife design her next tattoo. 
^^B6^^

Want to guess what's happening here?
She foolishly agreed to insert a remote-controlled vibrator during a dinner party.
^^B7^^

????
^^B8^^


<>

At my funeral I want somebody to take a bouquet off my coffin and throw it into the crowd to see who is next.

<>
<>


HUMANS WITHOUT MAMMARIES



I know it is very difficult, but this is the same man after months of struggle.

I say it's worth it.
^^C1^^

When the gym membership expires in 2 minutes?

^^C2^^

The farmer got sick and tired of illegal dumping on his property...
 ^^C3^^

 ^^C4^^


I'm thinking these two guys knew each other prior to this incidence. 
^^C5^^


 
Usually, men are very proud of their offensiveness. 
^^C6^^


<>
Two things to know about me:
1. My penis isn't as long as a footlong at Subway.

2. I'm banned from Subway.

<>
<>

 
ON BEING OLD

Some guy jump kicked Arnold at the Arnold Sports festival on South Africa.
 He's my age.
He said that he thought he was being "jostled."
^^D1^^


That lady is 90 years old. 
^^D2^^

What Happens Next?
A. An old person falls out of the car.
B. An old person bursts out of the store.
C. An old person falls flat on her face and is run over.

D. An old person lands in the intersection after her parachute only partially opens.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


B. 
^^D3^^


I've talked to combat soldiers who served in Vietnam. Notice that the soldier pictured does not have the machine that fires the rounds he has draped around him. Each member of the squad carried as many as he could - that is how important the machine gun was to their survival.
But now we look back and realize that they died for nothing. 
^^D4^^

This guy made the old people cut because of his graying beard.
But what's up with the orange torso? Is he sporting a see-through sleeveless shirt or is it a badly applied spray tan?
^^D5^^

I must have my early afternoon nap.

Of course, I've been doing that since I was 40.
^^D6^^

 Old people need hobbies. I know that guy is not old, but he does have a hobby.
 ^^D7^^


 My hobby is gleaning the internet so you don't have to.
Thanks for browsing Folio Olio. 
I hope you find your gems.
 ^^D8^^


<>

Welcome back to invisibility class. It's pretty disappointing to see so many of you here.

<>
<>


EXPLANATIONS

See anything odd?
 Take as long as you need.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
He wasn't holding on to the vine...the conventional way.
 ^^E1^^

Guess what this is.
Very thin layers of different flavored Jello. 
^^E2^^

This image went viral with the caption asking what happened to the guy's legs.
See, his wife is taking the picture. She is probably sitting on the ground with their son. The daughter isn't too tall, either. So Greg tried to get down on their level by spreading his legs apart, then lowering his head to be even with his daughter's, which meant bending at the hips until his torso was almost perpendicular to the ground. His legs are behind the kids. The shirt hangs a little away from his body, hiding any evidence of pants. So it only looks like he is flying into the picture, Superman-style.
^^E3^^


I agree. I knew a guy that every article of clothes he wore was Harley...even his underwear.
So silly really.
^^E4^^


She wrote Santa asking for a dog but spelled it Satan.
 ^^E5^^


 "That's the way we've always done it" will fuck you up every time. In America, we used to be famous for getting a Plan B if Plan A didn't work. Not anymore. Now Americans will stick with the sickest of ideas just so they aren't proven wrong.
^^^^

There's an app for this too...
 ^^E6^^


I've often said that art and science both survive by asking "What if?"
^^E7^^


More anti-science drivel. 
^^E8^^

Gaze and foot placement when walking over rough terrain. I found this fascinating in that your eyes are spotting landing sites two or three steps ahead.

^^E9^^

^^E10^^

 An artificial womb.


^^E11^^

I've discussed how dangerous these animals are before.
Once you've knocked their legs out from under them they have nowhere else to go but into the passenger compartment. 
^^E12^^

I fucking love eggs.
 ^^E13^^


Looks silly but the advice is sound. 
^^E14^^


That blew me away. How exactly do you find out that it would do that?
^^E15^^


<>
 <>

 <>

 <>

 <>

 <>

 <>

 <>

 <>

 <>

 <>


9 comments:

MIKE HARRIS said...

Usual hippie claptrap. I think many GI's would resent you saying that the war was a waste of lives. It slowed down the rate of Asian communist expansion and preserved your privileged lifestyle for a few more years. Now, via the Democrats the Revolution will come here too. You won't notice it until the supermarkets are empty. Your beloved Mike; keep up the great column.

Crashsq said...

The elevator in question is the tallest "outdoor" elevator in the world. But not the tallest elevator in the world.

Crashsq said...

On 16 July 2015, the elevator was officially recognized by Guinness World Records as the world’s tallest outdoor lift

Anonymous said...

Hmm is anyone else encountering problems with the pictures on this blog
loading? I'm trying to determine if its a problem on my end or
if it's the blog. Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

Ralph Henry said...

Some of the gifs take longer. If they won't open, skip them and scroll back to them later.

Anonymous said...

when Mike and Ralph finally meet and have a few beers together I want to be there.

Ralph Henry said...

Bless your heart.
I'm working up a reply at this very moment.

Scott James said...

Only with my work iphone. With my personal phone (android) it is almost instantaneous.

Scott James said...

monday punday = Scandinavian

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive