About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Tuesday, February 15, 2022

TUESDAY #4801

 One Of My Very Own

<>

EMAIL: ralh.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com

<>

<>

My team lost the game but they only lost by 3 and the bookie spread was 4 so I won my bet. It was a bittersweet victory.

<>
<>
<>

He died doing what he loved - saying "Cars have to stop for pedestrians" as he stepped out on the crosswalk.

<>
<>

PONDERABLES


^^A2^^

^^A3^^

^^A4^^

And now they are just supposed to "get over it".

^^A5^^

^^A6^^

^^A7^^

^^A 8-9^^

Those who don't learn from history are destined to repeat it.

^^A10^^

^^A11^^

Keiji Nakazawa's I SAW IT

It's about a witness who lived through the atomic bomb.
^^A12^^

King's Men: Sorry, your highness, we couldn't put Humpty Dumpty back together again.

King (drunk): Let the horses try.

<>
<>

PEOPLE


^^B1^^

I did not see that coming.
^^B2^^

He's looking right at her!

I think he did it on purpose.
^^B3^^

Shouldn't there be like a big red button for this?

Maybe the big red button just calls in that guy.

^^B4^^

^^B5^^

^^B6^^

^^B7^^

There are two kinds of people:

One kind would buy a lottery ticket immediately. The other would never buy a lottery ticket figuring they just used up all the luck they are due.

^^B8^^

DO NOT hold the red cloth directly between you and the bull.
^^B9^^

How fucking cool is that!
^^B10^^

Teamwork
^^B11^^

Bird Cooking

Here it is in case that didn't load.

Here he is bringing home the bacon as it were...

^^B12^^

Dad Trick
^^B13^^

The Street Dancer
^^B14^^

Have you ever been chilling minding your own business and realized that your jaw has been clenched for the last 36 months?

<>
<>

PLACES


This is the sledding venue at the Olympics.

I never imagined that it was so huge.
^^C1^^

^^C2^^

Olivine Pools

There is not enough money in the world to get me to frolic in one of those pools.

But what's with the cute little feet on the plaque?

^^C3^^

I still remember the interview on TV of the Olympic shooter from Lebanon who transitioned into a deadly sniper in Beirut during their civil war. And get this - it was not just combatants that she killed.
Later I stumbled across this:

Powerful that.

^^C4^^

In the bar business, anything you can do to make your bar fun is a big plus.
^^C5^^

Son Doong Cave, the largest cave in the world, VIETNAM

As I understand it, it is so large that it generates its own weather.

^^C6^^

And...

I lay our prohibition for a humane escape from excruciating pain squarely at the feet of the organized Christian religion.

Now think about this...

"God told me to do it."

- lawmakers probably
^^C7^^

^^C8^^

The reassembly of Abu Simbel temples, Aswan, Egypt 1968.

I stand in awe of that achievement.

^^C9^^

Airbourne the Hard Way
^^C10^^

How could you possibly make shoveling shit fun?

^^C11^^

The highlight of our new normal lives is when our package arrives.

<>
<>

THINGS


That's NOT funny!
^^D1^^

Missing screw

I drop a lot of stuff. That's why I always have a backup. But once there was no backup. It was a tiny round black piece of my router. I had to sweep my whole studio and then carefully sift through the contents of the dustpan. But I found it.

^^D2^^

What do you see?

Yeah, I got it wrong also.

^^D3^^

You've got to give the devil his due...

^^D4^^

More of my newfound favorite animal.

^^D5^^

"Where's your head at?"

^^D6^^

Peaucellier–Lipkin linkage is the first planar mechanism capable of transforming rotary motion into a perfect straight line (1864)

"Wax on, wax off."
^^D7^^

Steam Deer
-sound on-
^^D8^^

Wind Energy

I've posted that before. I often thought that the trick was to come up with wind and solar that would power just one house. Be hooked up to the grid for backup.

^^D9^^


<>


<>


<>


<>


<>


<>

How did they learn to do that?

.
.
.
.
.
<>







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

^^D5^^ Google "duck penis images". I dare you.

Thorhees21 said...

A5 - I am not, and never have been a slave owner, nor have my ancestors. "They" are not and never have been slaves. History is history. Learn from it and never repeat it.

Anonymous said...

B3: it was on purpose. It was a choreographed stunt to promote the movie Daddy's home.
That was Will Ferrell throwing the ball.
The cheerleader was a stunt person.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive