About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Saturday, June 8, 2024

SATURDAY #5645

 One Of My Very Own

===
===
===

<>

PART ONE

^^A1^^

^^A2^^

^^A3^^

^^A4^^

I found this in a collection called Redneck Fixes and I don't get it. Anybody?

^^A5^^

^^A6^^

Sure, why not.

^^A7^^

^^A8^^

In Travels With Charlie, John Steinbeck wrote about using bungee cords to hang a sealed five gallon bucket containing water, soap, and his dirty clothes in his Winnebago and it jostled the clothes clean as he drove.

^^A9^^

I knew a guy who bought a small island and spent weeks boating over enough lumber and supplies to build a small house that he and his twin brother built it in a week. (that's not it)
^^A10^^

===
===
===
<>

PART TWO

^^B1^^

^^B2^^

^^B3^^

When 12 years old my friend Charles and I broke a Coke bottle and picked out two shards about the size of a fingernail clipping and played First Blood. I still have the scar on the inside of my upper arm.

^^B4^^

My sister has three fully functional kidneys. Come to find out it's not all that unusual.

^^B5^^

I think that's a shoe!

^^B6^^

^^B7^^

^^B8^^

Very clever.

^^B9^^

Do you think he put that fish back in the water?

^^B10^^

===
===
===
<>

PART THREE

What about a bathroom?

^^C1^^

I find it baffling that various cultures just declares some gestures obscene. I mean, it's just made up. And invented slight.

^^C2^^

^^C3^^

^^C4^^

^^C5^^

^^C6^^

Are you old enough to recognize these ladies?

^^C7^^

The designer knew exactly what he was doing.

^^C8^^

Train takes out power pole.

^^C9^^

HOLY SHIT I THINK SHE'S SERIOUS!

^^C10^^

Ice Breaker

^^C11^^

===
===
===
<>


<>


<>


<>


<>






6 comments:

Anonymous said...

C1: that's not a house. That's a garage. In fact, it's the one from the movie, "Ferris bueller's Day off".

Bubba

Fardygardy said...

^^ C1 ^^

No bathroom because that a garage. Its from a scene in Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

Anonymous said...

A5 - someone made a replacement arm for those glasses out of a twig, and used cord made from bark or just twine (my eyes aren't great) to tie the branch to the frame.

B7 - A lot of flatbed trailers in the US have a wall at the front to (maybe) stop a load from going forward like that.

C7- Ellie Mae and Miss Hathaway from the Beverly Hillbillies - Donna Douglas and Nancy Culp

billr said...

^^A5^^ She's fixed the broken ear piece on her glasses by tying a stick to the frame.

Puzzle time. Tramp Stamp.

Anonymous said...

^^C7^^ Actresses from the Beverly Hillbillies TV show, 1962-71. Donna Douglas played Elly May, the daughter, and Nancy Kulp played Jane Hathaway, an assistant to Milburn Drysdale, a neighbor and banker who schemed to defraud the Clampetts of their money, which they got because oil was discovered on their land back in the Ozarks. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beverly_Hillbillies

Anonymous said...

Puzzle Time; Could be a Tramp Stamp.

Robin.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive