About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

WAR AND WARRIORS


The United States has, by far, the best weapons in the world.
The tally from the last few conflicts were:
Enemy Aircraft shot down - 548, F-16's shot down - 0.

The stats for the M1 Abrams are about as lopsided...

But airplanes and tanks don't win wars. Boots on the ground win wars.



RULE #1: There is no such thing as too many bullets.


In war people die and every single one of them matter to me.


Most of you don't know this, but in America people don't just throw old flags in the thrash. They bring them to the American Legion where they are collected and then burned in a ceremony.

At the American Legion for the last few months, I have been asking these ex-warriors what they thought about the "war" in Afghanistan. 100% of them want us out NOW!
I can not emphasize enough how strongly I feel about leaving that place. Too many people die. It costs too much. And the chances of a positive outcome are remote.

*****

Check out these WWII images overlayed onto modern images.
I found them fascinating.






*****

WORDS TO THE WISE

One of my very own...

WOMEN WHO LOOK LIKE SLUTS, BUT PROBABLY AREN'T....

*****

IN THE FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH DEPARTMENT

I have a trusted advisor who thinks the bullshit going on in airports....from shoes, to scans, to patdowns, is just a mechanism to get us used to being stopped and searched on any street corner in America.  Can you spell "lemmings" boys and girls?
__________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive