About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

STUFF I THINK ABOUT....A LOT....

I came upon this little children's book the other day and I found it....well, sad.
The words "bible" and "science" should never appear together.
The number one rule of science is to measure everything.
The number one rule of the bible is that you should not logically assess anything stated on it's pages.


In science nothing is assumed without a foundation in data. No scientist would say, "I read a book one time that said this is true, therefore it must be true."
Science doesn't work that way.

Further, no matter how good a scientist thinks his/her data is, there is a peer review whose sole purpose to to prove that data wrong.

In my opinion, one of religion's major allures is that everyone acts the same, therefore predictable and non-threatening. They sing the same songs on the same day, they drink the same blood, etc. Many have their believers wear clothing to make them all look alike.

When you ask a very logical question, like, Do you think the same god that created the whole universe, including pigs, took the time to prohibit you from eating pork?, I will hear answers like, "You don't understand because you have no faith." How can you have have intelligent conversations with people like that? It's just sad.


I propose that it is all about power. Look carefully at the picture below. Is there nothing....unusual about it? The man in the hat has the power to forgive you of all your wrong doings. He has the power to send you to hell or heaven. To all the people who believe this non-sense I say I understand the strength of his argument...burn in fire for eternity or live forever happy ever after.
BUT THE MAYANS, THE INCANS, THE EGYPTIANS, THE HOPI, ETC, SAID THE EXACT SAME THING ABOUT THEIR GOD(S). IT'S THE HOOK.
The same guys that tell you they have all the power tell you it's a sin to question their authority. 
Talk about a rigged game!

Then there are the people who just make stuff up and claim divine knowledge. That a soul is created the microsecond after the sperm touches the egg is an extraordinary stretch, even for people who don't believe in the laws of nature.

Today if you heard of a man in India raising the dead, you would state as a matter of fact that the man is a fraud. If I told you that this man had dozens of witnesses, you would ask who they were and if I said they were all his friends and family, you would take that as further proof that he was a fraud. Why is it so inconceivable to ask every person on earth to employ the same logic to every part of their life?

"If your faith is big enough, facts don't count."

Doesn't that insult your intelligence? It's counter to everything that makes us human.

"Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."
That quote is from the bible. 

It tells you to be "certain" of what you do not see. I would assume "see" means measure. How can anyone ask another person to do that?



"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding." - Proverbs 3:5

But the human brain (the healthy human brain) has survived because it wants to know the facts. We don't believe anything without evidence of its existence.
I heard this one time:
"You can't prove god doesn't exist. And you've never seen an atom yet you have faith it exist."
With that logic taken to its absurd limit, nobody can "prove" that ghosts, werewolves, Dracula, UFO's, or ESP doesn't exist.
But I will accept the challenge.
I have seen the two huge holes in Japan where cities once stood and I have seen the mega-watts flowing out of nuclear reactors. I take that as proof.




So, why doesn't every god believer in America pray for this amputee's legs to be restored and wait for your proof. If those legs just popped out of his nubs, I swear I would become a true believe. 


Please, dear, dear gentle reader, think for yourself.


*****
NOW SOME SILLY STUFF



*****
It would really help me out in the office pool if you failed your New Year's resolution somewhere between January 11th and 12th.


Times are so hard at my house that I told my wife that she had to start charging for sex with strangers.


TRUE: Denmark has produced films of their nude bathing beaches to be shown in muslim countries in an effort to curtail on immigration.


If abortion is murder, then is a blow job cannibalism?
*****

SOME JUST FLAT OUT GREAT PHOTOGRAPHS


Just two guys doing the dishes...



The flooding in Northeastern Australia covers an area the size of Texas and New Mexico combined. The government has broadcast to those stranded that there is nothing they can do to help them......have a nice day........mate.


*****
CARTOONS OF THE DAY



One of my very own...

WOMEN WHO PROBABLY WANT TO BE SLUTS,
BUT NEED A MANUAL....
Interesting isn't it, that one religion has so many rules against sex and another one has an instruction manual to teach you how to take it to new heights.
__________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive