About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

RALPH'S SUNDAY SERMON

As an antivenom for the sermon you may or may not have heard this morning, I offer my take.



Please, for the love of sanity, ask yourself if you think the creator of the entire universe gives a shit about queers?



There is strong evidence that some animals turn queer....and they can't even read the bible...and probably were not influenced by that talking snake in Eden.


With millions of people dying of starvation and war and filthy water, why do god fearing people spend so much time on this one issue? Because it's easy....THEY are not one of US.



It's not a matter of do you know a queer, play sports with a queer, watch queers play sports on TV, be taught by queers, etc, etc; YOU DO! You know you do and they know you know. So, especially here in the land of the free....GET THE FUCK OVER IT!!!!


I'm not so much of a passive aggressive kind of guy (like the one pictured below). I'm more of an aggressive aggressive kind of guy.....of course, I'm not queer; who seem inclined toward non-confrontation.


The religious always seems to forget the battles they have already lost, and when they lost them, the world did not end. Nothing happened. And if we legalize two queers marrying and being afforded the same rights of every other American, nothing will happen...except a large portion of our population will live happier lives.


Do American Christians really want to be on the same side of an issue as radical islamists? I would hope not.



I've said many, many, many things about Christians that may lead some people to think that I hate Jesus. I do not hate Jesus. His message is a model (mostly; except for the really weird shit) for all of us to follow. But then over hundreds of years the people who were in a position to profit from his teachings wrote or rewrote shit that fucked it up beyond recognition.
Pity, that.


And now a few cartoons I have found very, very funny....






One of my very own....


WOMEN WHO LOOK LIKE SLUTS,
BUT PROBABLY AREN'T....


"Where do I get a neckless with a T on it?"
"It's a cross."
"Across from what?"

NEXT WEEK'S SERMON:
Science vs Religion: You decide

No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive