About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Monday, May 30, 2011

NEWS UPDATE AND A MEMORIAL DAY MESSAGE

Just got back from a wedding of a dear friend(s). Here is my "dress up" attire - black T-shirt, brand new black and white Converse All-Stars and a tux jacket. 

At events like this I like to associate myself with attractive women. They seem to think I'm "cute".
Here are but two examples....

I have said it before and I will keep saying it, I have the best wife any man has ever had the luck to acquire...

We always travel the back roads. Interstates are for people in a hurry. We never get in a hurry. Also the interstates have only fast food, and we don't eat fast food.
If you are very clever with Garmin you can get it to send you on roads like this.
 Yes, it's ONE LANE; yes, it has many potholes, but we like it that way.


A MEMORIAL DAY MESSAGE

I know these are but words chosen to elicit a desired emotion, but words matter...

This is Croatian anti-fascist Stjepan Filipovic, moments before his execution in 1942.  He believed in liberty enough to defy death....

You might want to think about this next one a moment...
 Man the fuck up America...this is not make-believe!

Physical wounds are not the only damage inflicted upon young men we send to kill and die for us...
These folks need our help. Please do what you can. Thanks.

No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive