About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Thursday, October 22, 2015

THURSDAY #2499

One Of My Very Own…

I marvel at really poor young people that I know who keep finding the money for more tats. 



After Hungary closed its borders on Friday, nearly 20,000 people have crossed into tiny Slovenia.

And that, Gentle Reader, is why China can't let North Korea go under. The wave of North Koreans flooding into China would make that look like a stroll through the park.

>

This is an Israeli 65t Merkava 4 main battle tank.

 This is the 65t Merkava 4's primary enemy.

>
If you ever wondered whether we are headed for a cyber attack....
 How embarrassing.

>



A friend wrote about the NFL team taking their own TP.

Every time Karl and I went out of the country we took the cardboard roll; out of the toilet paper ; so that they would smush in our suitcases. That's the one thing we "never left home without" Just sayin"


>
 He would like to chat with me and know more about me.

What do ya'll think? Worth a shot? 

>
Prince Charles and Princess Diana on vacation in Bahamas, 1982.

I once got chastised for talking shit about her. The commenter said she was warm and caring, etc. I just don't like people who only hang with filthy rick guys. Sorry. 

>
I think that is excellent advice. 

>
What we really are is a community of mind, knitted together by codes and symbols, intuitions, aspirations, histories, hopes - the invisible world of the human experience is far more real to us than the visible world, which is little more than a kind of stage or screen on which we move.

- Pat Duffield


Dear Mr. Duffield,
It is possible to opt out of most of the bullshit.

>

For Halloween, just dress in black and stand in front of things. An eclipse.


>
COSMIC STUFF

Dalai Lama and Carl Sagan
I just wish Carl had ask him to show where god lived. 

Lights along major highways. Rather careful grid in some places.

 Why can't we look for alien advanced life by looking for lights in the night?



This past Monday, NASA announced that they’ve found definitive evidence of liquid water on Mars. The Curiosity rover is currently about 30 miles away from a location where NASA suspects water may flow. While obtaining a physical sample would revolutionize science, it’s forbidden by international law. The Outer Space Treaty of 1967 prevents every nation on Earth from sending a mission that could directly effect alien worlds.
(I didn't know that)


>

It’s a shame I live in the South, because I’ve waited all my life to wake up to a forecast of 12 inches of snow and I could say, “There’s foul weather afoot.”


>
PHOTOGRAPHY
 A little hard to discern what it is that you are looking at. It's a boat being disassembled.

>
 I'm so glad America is not the only stupid place on earth.

>

What if the reason we don’t have hoverboards and flying cars yet is because we are living in the timeline where Biff has the almanac?


>
 WOOD

 Lots of work, but it sure look great.

And if you are going to burn it instead of build with it, they say this is a better way to stack firewood.


Is that a chimney?
If it is, I think I know how to make it work. After you build the fire, you hold a burning log to the bottom and the hot air will rush up the pipe. This should draw the hot air from the fireplace and continue the upward flow.

>

Don’t trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.


>
TECHNOLOGY

San Francisco, No Tech-Zone


Here's how I would use a selfie stick.

>

Owning a selfie stick is a good way to tell people that you've driven all of your friends away with your narcissism.



>
I wish I had had this image during my discusion of Martial Law.

>
 Something to think about...

>

An app that tells you the cleanest highway bathrooms. Why isn't this a thing yet


>
I've shown you several of these and told you how to do it perfectly...

But look at the way the guy did this one.
 Impressive. I can't understand it, but it's impressive.

>

[Wife starts Power Point presentation titled "Why I'm tired of your shit]

Me: Wait, what the--?
Wife: Please hold all questions until the end.


>
MOVIES


The case in point is the new "Fear of the Walking Dead." Those stupid bastards are baracaded in a barbershop peeking out at the mayhem on the street outside. And when they decide to leave, nobody thinks to take a knife or a chair leg, or anything to use as a weapon. And yes, I do yell at the TV. 

>
 When I took my daughters to baseball games we would looke for 2s. Like the count being 2-2 and 2 (two strikes, two balls and two outs. Then we would look for that to happen in the 2nd inning with a man on second wearing the number two, etc. It was a lot of fun.

>
I couldn't find the story behind this image, but I bet it is a hell of a story.
 One of you people who are good at such things, see if you can find an explanation for that look on his face.

>

Sweden has a lot to offer—universal health care, beautiful countryside, and a healthy economy, to name a few of its perks. A new reason to envy the country? Lately, some of its employers have implemented a 6-hour workday, using the shortened afternoons as a way to test whether employee morale—and productivity—will improve.

So, it isn't to benefit the workers, but to improve the bottom line of the company.

>
Shit like this amazes me.

>
THE FEMALE FORM

Because here at Folio Olio we are all about the fanservice.


But seriously, I get so sick of seeing images like this on every image site I visit.
A beautiful woman who thinks she has to take off her clothes to pay the rent. And look at the expression! I'm sorry, but she looks like she is about to vomit.

The Iranian sports channel, ladies and gentlemen

 That's fucking hilarious.

>

My wife just googled me and now she is crying.


>
I think this deserves another look see...
I would be thinking: Damn, the last thing I did on earth was shit myself.

>
 The Map of Stereotypes, Martin Vargic

>
 I once had a principal who was awful at violating everyone's personal space.
Once he cornered me and was within inches of my face discussing something and I gently put my hand on his chest and pushed him back. He asked me why I was so sensitive and I told him his breath smelled bad. And that's all it took. He never did it again.

>
This took me a second read...


>

My wife was never a photogenic person, because when everyone said cheese she said "WHERE?"


>
Speaking of shitting yourself...
 It was sleeping out in the middle of nowhere.

>
If I move to Illinois to be near my grandson, I want one of these...

>
I would like to give thanks to the brave men and women who died a long time ago tasting which plants were edible and which plants were not.

>
Here's another idea for Halloween.

>
For legal purposes, corporations have been declared individuals...like humans only without the heart. There are legitimate reasons for this, I admit, but you shouldn't get the benefits of humaness without the punishments, and when a real human goes bankrupt he/she is not bailed out by the government.

3 comments:

A trusted advisor said...

An Iranian tells me that the hilarious censored diving is not actually from Iran. Iran is so conservative that they not only prohibit women from showing their hair (female swimmers must wear caps), but also they prohibit female diving as a sport whatsoever! After all, who would judge the competitions? Women? Pshaw!

Ninja Grrrl said...

Regarding your question about a half naked man wanting to know you better: seems to me you share plenty right here. What the hell else does he want to know, your dick size or how many grapes actually went up your wife's ass that day? Then again, he could be mighty entertaining too. Me, I wouldn't respond, but that decision would have a lot to do with the fact that being female means I probably get more openers like this and if you can't use words to get my attention, or pictures of something besides you naked self to introduce yourself with, we ain't gonna get along.

Anonymous said...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/15319761@N06/3000103474

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive