About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A COUPLE OF ITEMS IN THE NEWS


The internet loves to jump on absurdity, and declaring pizza a vegetable in school menus is no exception.

I taught for 20 years and for most of that time volunteered to come to work very early to supervise young children eat a free breakfast.
I did this, mainly, because I could then get off early, thus missing all the post-school meetings...I hate meetings.
Anyway, what some people don't know is that it makes no difference what you offer children to eat, if they don't like it they are not going to eat it. My children used to moan when their breakfast was scrambled eggs. They hated oatmeal, pancakes with blueberries and many other foods.
They loved corn dogs and pizza. So for 20 years I watched children eat crap for breakfast...the only alternative was cold cereal, which they liked as long as it was multi-colored.







Then there is Penn State.

Any sort of violence against children makes me sick...literally. I just don't get it.






No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive