About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Monday, June 4, 2012

THE LAST 2012 REUNION POST


I was so fucking exhausted writing my last post, I could hardly see the screen.
 But I was not the only one to suffer from a rare, rare late night. This is what the hostess of the event had to say....




The only problem of some consequence was seating - the best chair I could find was not what my back requires. After 12 or so hours at the poker table, I could hardly walk the next day.....honestly.
I managed to limp down the stairs the next morning and get a bite to eat, but then I was spent. I was supposed to wonder around and tell everyone I was leaving and hug them goodbye, but could not. There were a bunch of dear, oft thought of kin that I missed and for this I apologize.

Here is my brother and I playing poker. We were the last two in the hand...all other players folded out of the game and taking a pee break. I was happy to discover that this year he had finally gotten rid of that ridiculous comb over that made him look like a retarded clown...his wife wouldn't allow him to abandon the charade for far, far too long.
His wife - pictured here - also had the disturbing habit of sitting at the poker table asking questions. Keep in mind that she was not playing poker, she was discussing poker....stupidly. To any poker player on the face of the earth, this is forbidden; but nobody wanted to be rude enough to inform her of the appropriate protocol. 

I managed to tag my nephew's tree.
 I had also tagged another nephew's tree years ago and he witnessed me screwing in 142 at the reunion. He told me that the tag I had graced his tree with had fallen off due to the washer's deterioration.
I wish he hadn't told me that. I think back on the hundreds of tags around the country and I now think....they all might be laying on the ground because I bought inferior washers?!?!?!?!
Whatever.

I wrote earlier about an ugly-ass dog......this is he..... 
....you be the judge.

And now the embarrassing part....
The reason I had to come home right after the reunion instead of taking a week's roadtrip with my beloved was because I left some of my blood pressure medicine at home....that made me feel especially stupid.....even frail.



No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive