About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Thursday, July 19, 2012

THURSDAY



To remind you of an earlier story:
A friend of mine joined the Marines during WWII and his name was R. J. Moore. The initials didn't really stand for anything. His name was R.J. Well, this drove the Marines nuts, so on his paperwork they wrote his name as "R only J only" and from then on was called Ronly Jonly (both rhyme with the word only) Moore.
Anyway, my oldest daughter met him last night and said he was "delightful".
On the way home from diner that night we stopped by the factory that makes Krispy Kreme Donuts and got a box of donuts that were about 20 seconds old....and ate every fucking one of them on the way home.



What a fucking image!

So you think you're having a rough day?
There is so very much wrong with this picture.

Model of the moon many years ago, when they had no idea what the other side looked like...

Two of my favorite people...



Well, of course they did....

When you see it......


Adulthood: When you stop taking drugs to trip out, and start taking drugs to feel normal.




These are Indian Hindu making a pilgrimage to the Amarnath cave, which is holy, of course....

What you are missing on TV....

Close call #1....

 Speaking of.....

A little girl trying to kiss a lion human-style...
A lion trying to kiss the little girl, lion-style....

 We should all watch this movie again....and again....and again.....


It's always nice when you buy a bag of air and the company was nice enough to put a few chips in.







 The actual source of the quote...


How would you respond to stress like this?



James Carville in an alternative universe? 
 Seriously, where this man lives, he's very rich.

What does it look like these people are doing...look closely...



TRUE (all of it): A friend of mine and her fiance went to Las Vegas and got married at a drive-thru chapel. The woman in the window asked "Do you want vows with that?"





Do you think that thing can digest a frog?


The bat is scary enough, but the look on her face should make you shit yourself....


How come nobody cares where the Tooth Fairy lives?





My wife, for no known reason, has begun to talk like she's from Jamaica. I told her I kind of liked it and she stopped instantly.





Jehovah's Witnesses don't celebrate Halloween because they don't like people coming by and knocking on their doors.





Monty Python, 1974


I don't care what you political slant is, could anyone tell me what Obama did to deserve the peace prize?





Just a reminder. This is a wonderful science show...


What the fuck did a zebra ever do to you?


TRUE: The lady at the drug store asked if I had a discount card. I didn't. She gave me an application and began her instructions. Seeing the look on my face she settled with "Give it to your wife. She'll know what to do." I added, "Indeed, she will."
We both had a laugh.





Just graduated, huh? Nice tattoo. Too bad the freak show ain't hiring.




Close call #2.....

Now they'll never get that smell out of those fish...


Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled like bacon.





My neighbor is in the fireworks business and every holiday he sets off devices all day and night. I wouldn't trust him with a Glow Stick.



Two of my very own...



No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive