About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Monday, February 25, 2013

MONDAY #1451




I have no idea what this is, but I want one...

I have mixed feelings about modern medicine. 
When you compare the vast amount of money spent to keep "rich" people alive longer and longer and longer, and the misery that the "unrich" find themselves, I wonder if that is the best use of our dollars.
Look around the world and imagine that one open heart surgery could feed a small village of starving people for a year. I'm still dealing with the fairness of that.

Interesting headline...

Can you imagine what would happen if our banking system was knocked out for a month; no ATM's, no credit or debit cards, no computer connection to your bank. There would, of course, be a run on the banks as everyone would want to withdraw their cash, but the banks don't have that much cash. Then what do you think would happen?

These are the 18 hairstyles approved by the North Korean government....

One of my very own...

Panhandling, you're doing it wrong...

There are many of these. The pedestrian acts like there is an obstruction in the crosswalk and the driver doesn't know whether it's safe to proceed....

3D printed machine...printed all at once in functioning order...

This has multiple meanings, doesn't it...

I believe we are witnessing the transformation of our language.
Almost everyone could read the above, and if that's true, what good is correct spelling? Language is but a tool to transfer thoughts from one person to another. If I write UR for you are, who the fuck cares? 



These are the things you should not eat with constipation...
What the fuck CAN I eat?




How I explained fertilization of the female egg in the "Where do babies come from" discussion with my children...

Charlie Chaplan's cane and hat at auction...

Would Americans drive by this woman...thousands of them...day after day?
I think not.


Another place I will never see...

Like red meat to a pit bull...

The coolest man in the whole fucking world...

Redneck patio...

I've posted about this before, but it still freaks me out...

"The only thing worse than death is a coffin full of regret."



"The real problem with reality is the lack of background music."


OOMVO...

And I bet the thing would ace it...

This reminds me of a joke...
My wife and I were fooling around in bed, but nothing was happening. Finally she looked up at me and said, "What's wrong, you can't think of anybody either?"

What a beautifully composed photograph.
Did you notice that the firepit was, more or less, the same shape as the cook?


Mexican word of the day: Bishop - "My wife fell down the stairs and I had to pick the bishop."



When was the last time you rode a horse to work.
Exactly.



"I just realized that "lead" rhymes with "read", but "lead" also rhymes with "read"."



"4am knows all your secrets."




NOTE: Finding interesting and/or humorous images on the internet is, for whatever reason, becoming more and more difficult. Further, input from my friends and relatives has all but dried up.  Therefore, there will be no post tomorrow.



No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive