About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Friday, May 3, 2013

FRIDAY #1511





So, here's what happened...
 She and a friend decided to drive off without paying for their gasoline. With the nozzle still in the car, the driver zooms off, making the hose snap up, flipping the other woman. Not only that, as she lay there on the concrete, the gas kept pumping...
There is a lesson in that: STUPID PEOPLE SHOULDN'T STEAL GAS.
Oh, the irony.

Opposite and Equal Physics Lesson in 5...4...3...

Another leap forward in human ingenuity...

No one should ever have to justify a fake mustache.


Never understood why so many absolutely necessary jobs paid so little...fireman, cop, teacher, soldier...
 I know selling your little trinkets is important, but where would our quality of life be without these guys?

Why would he get that close?
 The first thing you do is put him on the ground...right?

Makes sense to me...

If you have everything under control, you are not trying hard enough.


I want to believe this...
 ...but it could easily be faked by digging out a impression in the sand and just pouring in concrete.

 The accompanying story highlighted the problem of some hospitals sending patients away when they were unable to pay. But what about them not doing so, going broke, then ALL of their patients would hit the street.

If run across several observations on America...
 Does anybody else see new combat in our near future?
It is so hard for some Americans to understand that not all people want democracy...
 In my opinion there are two main camps in America. One camp thinks the government should be kept in check because with enough power it WILL turn evil. The other camp thinks our government only wishes the best for it's people and needs the power to make everything better...
 And even as we know that vast sums of money are made waging war...
 ...we still respect this guys enormously...
Some people think that the politically correct movement is a necessary refinement of our culture. Some think it is an infringement on all our lives...
 I, for one, think that there is no such thing as too much freedom, with the usual caveat of harming others...
 We Americans can despise a whole race of people and still take pride that they are Americans when the excel...
I'm American, and I'm sick of people saying America is the stupidest country in the world. Personally, I think Europe is the stupidest country in the world.

NOW, LET'S MOVE ON...



This from a New Yorker....

Maybe the reason tuition is so high is to keep out the riffraff. 



I used to call in sick with anal glaucoma...I couldn't see my ass going to work that day.


One of my very own...

This smooth talking son of a bitch also talked two of them of getting a tattoo of his name...

One of my very own...sort of....

According to serving size recommendations, my wife is a family of four.


 This is an interesting juxtaposition of images....

Why do people shout "Heads Up!" when you should duck?



Ever notice how heros never turn around and look at the explosion they caused?

This reminds me of a joke I'm going to run by you again... 
 A hearse was going up a hill when the casket slips out the back door, continues down the hill, across the intersection, over the curb, through the front door of the drug store, through the drugs store to come to rest at the counter in the back. The lid opens up, the guy sits up and says, "Got something to stop this coffin?"



If a girl tells you not to wear a condom, you really, really should.



This man would get my money....lots of my money...

Arguing with my wife is a lot like wrestling in the mud with a pig. After a couple of hours you realize the pig likes it.



CAPS LOCK AND UNLEASH THE MOTHERFUCKING FURY!


 Did you know that a domestic hog goes through dramatic physical changes when allowed to run free?

OOMVO...

Any woman taller than 5'10" can buy their own damn food!


 My brother married a woman from Ohio. On his first visit there were several things said about the racism in the South. He did a little research and found out that there were lynchings in Boston and other big northern cities late into the 20th century. Also that Cincinnati, at that time, had more segregated schools than Birmingham. And, as in the South, the blacks lived in their own section of town.

Huge art installation of a giant pile of shit...
 And I do mean giant...
 They are actually inflated....

These people have been married for 25 years. That is all...

I no longer drink, smoke or curse. But I still lie.



Beautiful...
 Our old friend juxtaposition again.

Lucas hated drama.
When growing up, every aspect of everyday life involved drama: which station to watch on TV; what to name the cat; how much cheese on the spaghetti was too much cheese; fake vs. real Christmas tree.
When the drama started - and it always started - Lucas would ease out the back door and sit on the back stairs straining to hear the non-drama conversation of his neighbors.
Now, his parents long dead, it was his house, which he shared with his wife and kids. When the drama - the ever hovering drama - began (or resumed) he did not sit on the back stairs. He sat on a bar stool at Herb's Grill sipping beer with head lowered. The back stairs were now the domain of his son, the son he named Lucas, just like every first born son had been named in his family all the way back to the fucking Mayflower.

I don't think I'm bragging when I tell you people who have never met me in person, if we met up in a bar you need to prepare yourself for some laughs. I love to laugh and I even more love making other people laugh...

SORRY, THERE WILL BE NO POST TOMORROW.

1 comment:

Jambe said...

It's obviously a foam model (they're holding it up). But it's anatomically similar to real ammonites! Assuming the shorter guy is 6' tall, the ammonite model would be 5' 2" or so. There are real ammonite fossils in the 8-9' range!

Cephalopods are (and were) great.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive