About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

WEDNESDAY #1887



I'm a little under the weather so today's blog will suffer. 
One of the medicines I'm taking has this gem of a warning:
Quick medical attention is critical for adults and children even if you don’t notice any sign or symptoms.

And while I was in the waiting room, there was this sign: Please don’t put your feet in chairs for sanitary purposes.


Those zany monks...
Not that there's anything wrong with that.

There's something about classical music and....
...convertibles. Cranked wide open on a two-lane rural black top.

Oops, got something stuck in the scooper...

Meanwhile in Africa...


This is a dead guy...

????

 The Korbut flip - a gymnastics move so awesome that it was banned…BARRED...pun intended...


The flight paths of birds create elegant drawings in the sky...


But without leaves, can they live?

A maple tree sapling with its crown cut off is "like a sugar-filled straw stuck in the ground." That's what researchers at the University of Vermont’s Proctor Maple Research Center discovered when they applied vacuum pressure to the stump of a sugar-maple sapling. They were able to draw out an astonishing amount of sap from the trunk this way.
Typically, a traditional sugarbush produces about 40 gallons of maple syrup per acre of forest by tapping, perhaps, 80 mature trees. With this new method, the UVM researchers estimate that producers could get more than 400 gallons of syrup per acre drawing from about 6,000 saplings.


This man has seen WAY too many elevator gags on the internet...

At first I thought this man was having a nail driven into his skull, but that's squirting blood...
Yes, I'm sure he's very devout.

My young daughter had a taste for irony...



This is a real magazine ad...


 DO NOT MARRY THAT WOMAN.



During World War Two, conscientious objectors in the US and the UK were asked to volunteer for medical research. In one project in the US, young men were starved for six months to help experts decide how to treat victims of mass starvation in Europe.


OOMVO...

This is what my wife looks like when someone scores during a football game...
 This is what I look like if I have money bet the other way...





Klee...He's hard to understand if you don't know what he was trying to say...

This is Bart Starr wearing the exact jersey that I have...

But then there's this...SO hooked on gaming are some Chinese players that they wear nappies to avoid taking bathroom breaks. The New York Times has produced a short film on how the wired youth are weaned off electronica at treatment camps. The attitude of one therapist is that the internet is akin to “electronic heroin”.
But at least they have good eye/hand coordination.







No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive