About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Saturday, May 31, 2014

SATURDAY #2002



Why do Americans get a holiday on International ‘No Game Of Thrones This Week’ Day?





His Holiness Shri Ashutosh Maharaj, the founder of the Divya Jyoti Jagrati Sansthan religious order with a property estate worth an estimated £100 million, died in January, according to his wife and son.
However, his disciples at his Ashram have refused to let the family take his body for cremation because they claim he is still alive.
According to his followers, based in the Punjab city of Jalandhar, he simply went into a deep Samadhi or meditation and they have frozen his body to preserve it for when he wakes from it.
His body is currently contained in a commercial freezer at their Ashram...
While he is thought to have died from a heart attack, his devotees believe he has simply drifted into a deeper form of the meditation he promotes as a pathway to self-realisation...
According to one of his aides, who asked not to be named, "Maharaj has been in deep meditation. He has spent many years meditating in sub-zero temperatures in the Himalayas, there is nothing unusual in it. He will return to life as soon as he feels and we will ensure his body is preserved until then", he said...
His son Dilip Jha, 40, claims his late father's followers are refusing to release his body as a means of retaining control of his vast financial empire. 


Want to have a little fun? A short quiz to see how much you know about the galazy:
http://www.space.com/17791-milky-way-galaxy-quiz-trivia.html


From a Brit...

One of the most disgusting things I've ever posted...

You may have noticed that certain things fascinate me. Lightning is one of them...



Bathroom humor art is nothing new...


I seldom comment on TV commercials, but this one begs condemnation...
 These guys want to sell you a product to solve the problem of your mattress not abutting the headboard, assuming, of course, you are just too stupid to reposition the mattress.

My wife is doing very well in her pole-dancing class...

Yes, I'm that good.

Rather odd, this....

Old and new wind power... 

This is why I NEVER want to get close to the action...
 She walked over to see the erosion and almost got sucked into the river.


One Of My Very Own... 



 Said the asshole who is trying to sell you that dress.




One of the oldest sight-gags on the internet...


As I understand it, this is a detail of a painting that had a coffin in the background. The guy in the coffin had recorded his voice to be played back to his dog... 



Being a college town with many international students and faculty, I have taught more than my share of Asian children....
 I have NEVER had a sub-par Asian student. In math, science, music, art, etc, they excel.

Mixed messages...




????
There is a How Hot Was She joke in there somewhere.

Looks like they got tired of juggling... 

Women Who Kind Of Look Like Sluts, But Probably Aren't...



Glenn Greenwald has pre-announced his next Snowden-doc publication: a list of US citizens the NSA has subjected to illegal surveillance. I keep hearing that there's a huge bang at the end of the Snowden files, and there certainly seems to be a sense of controlled heightening drama in the disclosures. I assume that if Greenwald has pre-announced this publication that it's bound to have some bombshells lurking in it.


AND THEN THERE'S THIS...
Then and now photos of Omaha Beach in Normandy...




 I think we ought to thank them, don't you?

No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive