About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Sunday, September 14, 2014

SUNDAY'S ANTI-SERMON #2107


NEWSY BITS...




You are looking at a photo of a spaceship flying 250 millions miles away from Earth. It's Rosetta, floating in the pitch black vacuum of space photographed by its Philae daughtership, a lander that will soon arrive to the object on the background, the comet Churyumov–Gerasimenko.

************



A Stanford engineering team has built a radio the size of an ant, a device so energy efficient that it gathers all the power it needs from the same electromagnetic waves that carry signals to its receiving antenna no batteries required.
************
Wife wrote that quote into Google and Folio Olio was first listing...

By the way, as way of explaining how an artist's mind works, had I found out that anyone else had that exact tattoo I would not have gotten mine. That doesn't mean that nobody has the exact quote, it's just that I don't know about it.

***********

This kid has been prosecuted for this photo....
 Is that the kind of country you want to live in?

************

 I understand why the US government never pays ransom...otherwise there would be thousands of our citizens kidnaped for the cash. But the family???

 ***********

Adrian Peterson switched his kid and is fucked. Have you people ever read what the bible has to say about such things? Well, you believers ought to look that shit up.


************


We keep letting the church off the hook. For centuries they burned people who dared believe that the earth was not the center of the universe…then they just more or less said, ‘My bad’ and adopted it as another proof of god’s greatness. There were countless examples of this, so I say we put them on the spot…all of them. When we find alien life that dispels every myth they hold dear, we should not allow them to claim god was so great he made TWO planets filled with his experiments.

***********

One of my bartenders confessed that he didn’t believe in the biblical flood, talking snakes, etc, but he STILL thought Jesus was the son of god. Go figure.

************


AND NOW, THE SUNDAY POST

I don't have a lot of time for comments, so make of this as you wish....











 Who could argue with such logic?

 Yes, let's pray for wisdom.


 And yet Jesus kissed her on the mouth....ummmmm.






Religion did this to these children...


Communion in a package, cause, you know, we're busy too...

AND TO FILL UP THE POST, CARTOONS THAT ALMOST DIDN'T MAKE THE CUT...






No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive