About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

TUESDAY #2256





In the last few years, the US has spent $7B (billion) on curbing opium use in Afghanistan. The problem has only worsened. With that track record, who in their right mind would put these same people in charge of the "war on drugs" in America?




Bruce Jenner hasn't been a woman a week and he's already had a traffic accident.


MORE AMAZING IMAGES FROM SPACE


Boca Raton, Florida. 


Brazilian Amazon Deforestation.
I would really like to know how long it takes for the scars to heal.


Kansas Pivot Irrigation.
I can't explain to you how beautiful I find that. I know there are real problems with it, but that doesn't deminish the beauty.

 Industrial Sector, Tokai, Japan.


 Harriet Tubman: slave, abolitionist, spy...



Although I did no work today, at least I initially had the intention to do some. I think that’s what matters.




You can’t help everyone, but everyone can help someone. And sometimes that someone is you.



Window becomes a balcony...
What a wonderful idea!



My car likes to scare the hell out of people when I drink.


Oh, my...


What if dogs bring the ball back because they think you enjoy throwing it?



Those paint chips...

I found this funny...

Microwave...
Guy taped this photo inside the microwave...and was fired for it. 


Exposed coal seams in Alaska...


I will never forget the look on my wife’s face when on our first date she said, “I have a boyfriend,” and I said, “Good. He can watch.”



Wow...
Think of the care taken to clean away the rock from the fossil.

On a related note, I downloaded my first app. I can now hold up my phone and it will tell me not only what the song is, but who is singing it. Amazing.

Design of new drone...
Imagine looking up and a thousand or so of these are swarming over the mountain at you.


Walk gently into the lives of others. We are all fighting secret battles. And we all need understanding.


 Whirlpool Galaxy by one William Parsons that appeared in a 19th century popular astronomy tome. The thinking is that it was the basis for Van Gogh's Starry Night.


One Of My Very Own...

Interesting read...

Anyone notice the irony behind "hyphenated" and "non-hyphenated"?




My wife knows how to discuss the pull-out method in six languages.




My favorite joke...
A frightened man in his doctor's examination room said, "Doctor, I swallowed that little desiccant container in my pill bottle and I think I'm going to die!" The doctor said, "Well, we are all going to die." Then the man screamed, "OH, NO, WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?!"


My wife DOES NOT know how to discuss the pull-out method in six languages. I made that up.



An ant-mimicking treehopper...
A bug that looks like an ant eating a bug. 

This muralist is standing on the handrails of a power lift...
I've done it a thousand times.

I've owned two of these chairs in my life...
One I wanted and the other was foisted upon me and I resented it.

I visited this area...
 It really is out in the middle of nowhere and it is very easy to just stop your car and pick one up. Apparently many people do just that, but then repent and confess their sins...

I like this very much. I love the painterliness at the bottom...

I found this hilarious...
Seriously. That's fucking hilarious! He's probably pulling her hair and talking nasty.

Would someone please take the time to explain the humor in this...
(nevermind. It's a forklift.)


Júlíus Björnsson (AKA The Mountain of Game Of Thrones) carrying a 1433-pound log on his back and walk five steps with it breaking a 1000-year-old Viking weightlifting record.
 Or at least that's what they say. What say you, Joey?

My Final Word...


I met a girl at my favorite bar who is stupid in three languages.


This shit has gotten completely out of control. And nobody seems to give a shit.


No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive