About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Monday, March 2, 2015

MONDAY #2275




Leonard Nimoy's telegram to JFK...

Clean air, indeed.
What better salute than an astronaut paying homage from the ISS...
 Pretty straight up guy if you ask me...

Is there such a word as ahold, as in 'I couldn’t get ahold of him'? I'll give you a moment to think about that.


I could watch this being done for hours...


Why did I decide to write a blog? Well I was sick of only being hated by coworkers and family so I wanted to branch out.



What a good idea. It's kind of like the Don't Fuck With Me coffee mug.



It must be hard to send Barack Obama a Thank You card without sounding sarcastic.



People ask me if I think atheists are smarter than believers...
Yes. Yes, I do.

Spiral galaxy M106 in all its glory...



TV and radio signals deteriorate into noise after a few light years, meaning none of our signals will be recognizable to even our closest stellar neighbors.


As I understand it, the Ukraine has made moves to join NATO. Well, that would basically put the wolf at the gate, as it were, and they simply cannot allow that. If you think the US is different, look at Cuba.
But now I just heard that one of Putin's biggest critics was just assassinated.


Shit you don't see everyday...
 I'm thinking this is Australia.

The gray fox hasn't been seen in SF's Presidio since 2004. Park biologist caught a picture of one this weekend, hiding in a tree from a coyote prowling below.

 I never even knew they could climb trees.


Your guess is as good as mine...
My guess is alcohol related.

A urinal where women can stand and pee

Dear Ladies, Would you actually use something like that?

Pony given periscope so he can see out of his stable

 You would think it would be easier just to get a smaller door.

 Speaking of...
Speaking of rock...
This is layered rock on Mars. As I understand it, that can only happen with standing water...

I find things like this interesting...
Cartoonist cartooning about cartoons. Then there is the writer who writes about a writer or the painter painting someone painting. Sort of a cheap trick, but I've used it in a novel: Guy found out that a book his grandfather had written had been stolen by L. Ron Hubbard and used as the basis for Scientology. 

I have no idea what this means, but I want one...
 Then there is this shirt from Japan...

 Amazing.

This barbarism has been an almost constant human trait...

Armenian Genocide -"The above Photograph Shows Eight Armenian Professors Massacred by the Turks"


Then there's this asshole...
 On April 17, 1975, the Khmer Rouge — unsmiling 15-year-olds with AK-47s and orders not to touch anyone — entered Phnom Penh. With their rifle barrels, they prodded the urban population out into the countryside, more often than not to perish in the rice fields. Over the next four years, the Khmer Rouge executed 1.7 million of their own people, a third of all Cambodians.


“The human failing I would most like to correct is aggression,” Stephen Hawking recently said. “It may have had survival advantage in caveman days, to get more food, territory or a partner with whom to reproduce, but now it threatens to destroy us all.”


This is a screen shot from the movie, "Proof", which I liked...
 I think 'ahold' is a lovely word.

Think about the same people in charge of the VA being in charge of your internet...

Not as tall, of course, but I've been on a 60' extension ladder that bent so the last 20' were straight up like this thing...

The human mind can easily identify this...
I wonder what would happen if you showed it to some tribe in the jungle who had never seen a jump rope.
Seriously.

This ejection is bigger than the sun itself...


People who multitasked heavily were worse at focusing on a single task and also less effective at switching between tasks than people who multitasked less.




We see touchdown celebration GIFs all the time. Who has the best sack celebration? My vote goes to Aldon Smith.

 I watch a whole clip about this. Amazing. He starts by slicing the carrot about half way through, then does what you see here...
But look, there's more!
Just wondering why a metal, thus sharper one of those couldn't be used on the carrot.

My Final Word...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The shirt means don't be a dick!

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive