About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

WEDNESDAY #2356

One Of My Very Own...
**********

I have finally reached my destination.

There are no words. None.
**********

I've seen some strange things during our trek.

Here is part of the instructions on the back of a motel room door on what to do during a fire.


Here is a strange design for another room I stayed in. The first image is the view of me on the toilet from the living room.
 The next one is the view of the living room from the toilet.
 **********

Recognize this town?
 It's where they filmed the evil Governor's compound on Walking Dead.
Some buildings are completely fake — like the one down the street in the image above. (Something that I have been doing all my life. I spotted it instantly.)
 But the town was PACKED with tourists.
They were filming in this area.
There's something about a burned out town.
There are warnings everywhere.
Recognize the fence from the last town they were (are?) in.
There was probably some bitching and moaning about Main Street be closed from time to time, or the Police Department being off limits, etc. I will assure you that the bitching stopped when tens of thousands of WD fans flocked in and started spending money — lots and lots of money.
**********


Found this look-a-like in another small town.
**********

These are rather common in the mid-west, but I've never seen it.
I'm assuming it cuts down on drag. Anyone?


A FEW ABOUT OLD PEOPLE

 The Frenchest Photograph in the world.

 Can you spot the one who insisted on taking this photo?
HEHEHEHEHEHHEHEEHHEHEHE!
I've told that job a dozen times and almost no body gets it. I do not want to insult your intelligence, but it involves the full and half nelson holds. And what do you think the Willie Nelson involves?

 So, where's the knife part as per pictures on left?

 Alexey Kondakov's photoshops bring art history to contemporary life

 The guy's good.


The reign of Henry VIII saw the first law against Witchcraft created. The Witchcraft Act of 1541 was the first to define witchcraft as a felony, a crime punishable by death and the forfeiture of the convicted felon’s goods and chattels

I think the forfeiture clause made for a lively court docket.

 I took a still just in case the gif didn't load properly...
Well, I grew up in Birmingham, Alabama, and I've seen a whole bunch of molten metal, and the one thing I know for sure is that it stinks to high heaven.
But maybe, just maybe, this is some special non-stink molten metal.


A crew of Kamikaze pilots.
 My old friend Dom Fusci introduced me to an equally old Japanese guy by saying, "The last surviving Kamikaze pilot." And it was true. The war ended before they could find him a plane.

Why don't we know that?


B.B. King, in his 20s, Plays one of the first Lucilles. (1950s)



I used to tell my wife I wanted to play leap frog, then take her from behind and she never caught on…not once.




I only do what the voices in my wife's head tell her to tell me to do.


Jeppe Hein 


This is a cake...

Fossils in a chunk of marble...

That's one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.




LANGUAGE CAN BE FUN IF USED PROPERLY

T as in tittie?
I've had people tell me they didn't get that last one. You people ought to get out more.
And think about these two sentences:
I play a round every Saturday.
I play around every Saturday.
Do you read that as one is a golfer and the other is an adulterer?


Secret to a great relationship -- low expectations.



 It will soon be possible to home-brew opiates just as one home-brews beer.




Something I didn't know...
 Susan Cain



 HOLES

I’m amazed how wonderfully that the human body has so many ways to pleasure another. All the different holes and all the different hole fillers. I have given this a lot of thought and experimentation and I will proudly declare that the only reason I didn’t successfully fuck my wife in the ear is that it didn’t fit. Did you know that she can make a hole by touching her big toes and heals together?
I even fucked a girl in the eye socket one time trying as I might to squeeze in under the lid, but the thrashing and screaming soon became too tedious and much to her delight, I abandoned my quest.
home-brew


If only people were better informed, then they’d all agree with me.



"When in Rone" was the only caption on these lovely public works...


I drink beer so I don’t choke people.




I can move my arms using only my mind.



 I'm going to fire my neurons now...



3 comments:

Daniel Frank said...

They are called wind farings,and suppose to cut down on wind resistance and enhance fuel mileage...they are actually popular everywhere..but mainly on Prime and MVT...b/c they got states to pay them to put them on..

Anonymous said...

The chemical synthesis of morphine from glucose in yeast is not entirely accurate, but close. The end-product of the yeast reaction is reticuline, a precursor to many naturally-occurring opioids.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reticuline

The value in this process is that scientists can make extremely high yields of the precursor in the lab, and then use this compound for further synthesis reactions that may yield morphine and codeine derivatives, rather than relying on plant harvesting.

Pretty cool chemistry. Which is why its published in Nature.
bw

Colin said...

Re Holocaust:
Why don't we know that?
Because
Jews represent Huge portion of Arts/Finance etc i.e. opinion.
And
The Holocaust has been leveraged to their advantage.
And
Palestinian cleansing is continuing unabated, but too few care.
And
The Allies allowed the worlds greatest ethnic cleansing after WW2
(Of Germans NOT in Germany)
Because.....
The winners write the history.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive