About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Friday, June 12, 2015

FRIDAY #2372


One Of My Very Own...

**********

Not surprisingly, I have been whistling a lot lately. I was always a whistler, then I went through some...misfortunes, that rendered me musically mute. Now, I'm back in the groove and this song speaks for me...
**********

Some very smart people have been working very hard to create thinking machines. One way was not to tell it what to do, but instead, let it figure out how to do it through trial and error...just like a human child.


This is Alan Turing.
 He came up with this:

Well, here's the latest headline:


Or put another way, the genie is out of the bottle.

**********

Oh, look, MORE pictures of Kiyan.

**********

Got caught up on GoT last night, then ran across this.
I laughed out loud. Can't you just hear her mocking him?!


Is this true?
"The forgotten slaves. African slaves were very expensive (50 Sterling). Irish slaves were cheap (no more than 5 Sterling) and most often were either kidnapped from Ireland, or forcibly removed. They could be worked to death, whipped or branded without it being a crime. Many times they were beat to death and while the death of an Irish slave was a monetary setback, it was far cheaper than the death of an expensive African. African slaves were treated much better in Colonial America."
Snopes has nothing. 

Amazing.
That looks like moss, but it's vines. Abandoned village in China.

>
Marijuana Helps Deter Parasites in Pot Smoking Pygmies in the Congo.
>

Yes it is.

A couple of rope tricks you might need...
"Easy(er)"

My wife's 2007 Honda CRV.
Yeah, we don't get out much. But we have decided to take it on our roadtrip.

Alpha Particles from Decaying Radon gas...

>

Hundreds of winning tickets on American Pharaoh win goes unredeemed. The ticket for such a historic feat far more valuable than its cash in price.

>

I laughed at first...
 Then read that the dog is blind.
How about this highly motivated sumbitch...

I read somewhere that it was just viral infections, but still impressive.

>

I once used my infant daughter as a guitar during a concert.

>


>

During my wedding I heard a beer can open amongst the guests.

>

A wooden sink...
All the grooves angle down to the drain. 

 An ice making machine that uses the heat from sunlight to power a chemical reaction with no moving parts. What happens is the tubing (or heat exchanger) is filled with a liquid refrigerant material. The convex reflective panel focuses light and heat energy from the sun onto the piping which vaporizes the refrigerant.
I'm thinking green air conditioning.

Oh, look, somebody married their cousin...

Self-made flapping drone...

>

“We’re not out of the woods yet.”

- a guy on his way out of the woods
>

That's every dog's reaction when the mailman shows up at his new house for the first time.



Decisions were made.

 Wh...What?!

A guy made a double-bladed saw that he sets up in the woods and cuts lumber with one pass. The log does not move.
 You can adjust the blades to make any size board.

Women fleeing ISIS areas throwing their black abayas when reaching safety checkpoints.

 How I think people see me.
 How people actually see me.

>

Almost everybody I know is standing on a line between giving up and seeing how much more they can take.

>

"He is a mathematical genius." 


>

One of the great pleasures of living in a city is walking by a pile of bloody clothes and thinking, "Someone else will take care of this."

>

Gross!

Highway in Netherlands

>

I feel like it's my civic duty to not let luxury cars merge in front of me.

>


>
Every seeming equality conceals a hierarchy.
- Mason Cooley
>


A cat goes out at night and kills dozens of weaker animals and no one bats an eye. But let one dog kill one cat and everybody wants to execute the dog. 

Good Advice...
 I find it humorous that people are so willing to believe any mumbo jumbo to raise its stupid head.
Yes, this is for sale.
I would love to hear the condemnation of the room spray by a Christian.
"Oh, don't be silly. There is no silly spray for invisible energy in your room. Are you retarded?" said the priest, "You need holy water for that."
"Where do you get the holy water?" I ask.
"Oh, I made it out of tap water by saying the magic words."
"Why don't you and all your priest buddies just turn ALL water into holy water so we can...I don't know...self exorcize ourselves?"
"Oh, that would be just plain silly."
"Of course it would."

4 comments:

Colin said...

ROOM SPRAY!!!!!

RALPH - YOU EXCELLED YOURSELF WITH THAT ONE!

Which remind's me..... This actually happened to me.....

Q - If you were buying a house, and the deal was going through, and you discovered that the previous owner committed suicide, would it change your mind....?Then you discover that the owner BEFORE THE SUICIDE OWNER had also committed suicide, that's the last two owners, would it make any difference?

Ralph Henry said...

I would still buy the house.
When I bought my house I found out the old woman died at home, in her bed after a long illness. Now when I lay in bed I look up at the ceiling and realize that that dying old woman looked at the same cracks and spots that I was looking at.

Robin said...

I don't understand your comment under the John Nash letter. He was a mathematical genius, so were you posting to highlight that fact?

Ralph Henry said...

Yes.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive