About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Sunday, September 13, 2015

SUNDAY #2460


One Of My Lesser Very Own…
 That was awful. I blame demon rum.



>

"Crown shyness" explained...kind of.

From an article:

Crown shyness is a phenomenon observed in some tree species, in which the crowns of fully stocked trees do not touch each other, forming a canopy with channel-like gaps. It is also known as canopy disengagement, canopy shyness, or intercrown spacing.
What did surprise me was the notion that the cause of this phenomenon is unknown; I had always assumed it was a manifestation of contact inhibition (that is what I assumed) of growth. Apparently it's not so simple.

>
There are dozens and dozens of these concerning that bitch who won't issue marriage licenses to gay people.
And some sick fuck did this one.


>
A tornado on the sun.
There was a much better gif that wouldn't load.



How clever. A must know for outdoorsmen.
Looks like another job for duct tape to me.

>
PHOTOGRAPHY

>
 Burning methane trapped under the ice

 I read that because of the pressure and cold that there were huge lakes of liquid methane at the bottom of the oceans. Getting it out is a whole nother horse of some other color.

 >
I think we have already begun doing this.
 I'm talking about the present day allure of the big booty.

 >
I know I shouldn't, but the first thing I thought about was the amount of maintenance a thing like that would take.

>


>

Church of St Ignatius in Rome and has this fossil cut in half in the marble on the floor.
 I wonder how they explain that in a 6,000 year old world.

>
How god-like of him. 

>
What a great question. God is all powerful, but he has let the devil exist since the very beginning. What kind of asshole would do a thing like that?

>

There is an anesthetic of familiarity, a sedative ordinariness, which dulls the senses and hides the wonder of existence.

- Richard Dawkins

>
Another holy man doing what holy men do.

>

Naming your bar "Gym" offers unlimited possibilities.


>

A pope (I think it was Gregory) thought up the 7 deadly sins, codifying it from nine lose to 7 hardcore damnations, tossing out three and adding Lust. He also ordered priests be celibate. He did this so that priests couldn’t hand down their property to their sons. These two events eventually got translated into human sexuality being the work of the devil. And because of this prick, you are offended when you see a woman’s breasts in public. Oh, and he was the same pope that invented confession...yes, invented.


>

>
I consider everything an experiment.



No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive