About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Sunday, September 27, 2015

SUNDAY #2474

One Of My Very Own…



A special treat today for your Sunday browsing.


>


>
Here's a still of that pathetic French homeless guy losing his dog to an animal rights activist.
Look at that face. What heartless bastards.

>

>

This is a picture of Pope Francis shaking John Kerry's hand when he addressed congress. He's the only person that got a hand shake.  In fact they had 'blockers' that were supposed to prevent anyone from trying to touch the Pope. In 2004 St. Louis Archbishop Raymond Burke forbade Kerry from taking communion because he was pro-choice. The then Pope promoted Raymond to something like the Supreme Court of the Vatican. Pope Francis demoted him right after he became Pope.

"Blockers." Suck my fucking dick. I would hump the man's leg if I had a chance, just to see the look on his face.

>

>
Universal loathing does make me feel a little smug.

>

Philly



>
A lesbian friend of mine was lamenting about having to take a drug test to work at Applebee's. I told her that I watched Reefer Madness and knew all about it. There were several people in on the conversation when I told them about an article written in the 50's that stated that marijuana was used by black men to seduce white women. Without batting an eye, my bartender said, "It worked on me." She is married to a black man.
Another bartender was lamenting about her lazy ass male roommate who never washed the dishes or picked up after himself and someone asked why she didn't kick him out. She shrugged and stated, "Well, he's the one wearing my vagina on his face." Everyone nodded that that more or less evened everything out.

>
I had to give Central Florida 15 1/2 points before anyone would bet me. I barely scrapped by with a final score of 31-14.




The Pope hasn’t watched TV in 25 years because he promised the Virgin Mary that he wouldn’t. And that’s true. I guess we can all assume what channels he was watching. On a related note, do you think any Pope has ever fucked his miter or little red pumps? I would bet money on it.

(and please, for the love of sanity, don't tell me the new pope doesn't wear the red pumps...that's really not the point, is it?)

>
 How true.

>


Do you think that since the dawn of human awareness we really, really wanted to foretell the future, and that is why religion is so compelling? Think about it, people today trust that they KNOW they are going to heaven, yet can’t even accurately describe what it would be like. Asked what they would do all day and they will say, “I don’t know, but it will be wonderful.” From this, whole world views are formed. I find that...amusing.


>

>

Beer: A cold, delicious alternative to hating everybody every day forever.


>
I try very hard not to be this person.

>

My wife calls me Subway cause I have low quality meat and lie about 6 inches.


>
 I watched a TedTalk about just that. One example was a company that offered an IRA plan and they had like 86% participation. Then they ramped it up to eleven choices of IRAs and the participation dropped by half. The reason was, to make the right choice people had too much information to digest and just gave up.

 >
 That may just be true.

>

I can’t emphasize the importance of just shutting up and just listening.


>
 I never knew it was that simple.

>

I made my own 6 word short story:

I’m pregnant. Please, please, please call. 


>
 Damn!

>

I don’t always watch girls play football, but when I do it’s when I’m alone…late at night.


>
 That's a good thing...right?

>

Most people should get a bonus check every week they don’t slap the shit out of the fucktards they have to deal with.


>
 WTF?

>

I have some jokes about unemployment but they need some work.


>

>

"Carrie" is my favourite movie about how religious faith leads to supernatural mass murder.


>
There are people who actually believe that anything lasts "forever", which is a really long time.

>

Is there something I can hang around my neck to show that I'm a big fan of crucifixions?


>
Well, nobody is right 100% of the time. 


>

I was on my way to commit a heinous act of religiously motivated violence but then I saw a Coexist bumper sticker.


>
Many of the comments to Folio Olio from people all over the world begin something like  — "Although I don't agree with everything you say...."

I would hope not. All I ask is that you don't agree with everything YOU say. I am constantly picking up my beliefs and opinions and examining them for flaws. I suggest you do the same.

>
 Think of the absurdity of the creator of black holes and super novae giving a shit about you pleasuring yourself.

>
This is what happens when you accept religious dogma without questions.

>

Doing wrong fast is better than doing wrong slowly.


>
 I laugh at god often.

>
This may be old hat by the time this is posted, but here it is anyway.
 But remember, this woman is actually following the letter of the god's law.

>




 That's a really good question, but I think I know the answer. God works in mysterious ways.



No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive