About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Saturday, October 24, 2015

PEOPLE NOT LIKE YOU AND ME SATURDAY #2501


One Of My Very Own…


Newsy Stuff that came to my attention:




Immense El Niño is "too big to fail"

The image and the report in the Los Angeles Times was posted several weeks ago.  I'm putting it up now because of the reports of the biggest hurricane in the history of the Western Hemisphere now boiling in the ocean off the western coast of Mexico. Hurricane Patricia is expected to arrive on the coast with 200-mph winds and a foot of rain, which will effectively scrub the arrival site to the ground as a tornado does.  It is then expected to attentuate over land, heading toward Texas, where many legislators continue to deny the existence of climate change. 

>
 During his visit to Washington last month, China's President Xi Jinping vowed to stop the commercial trade in ivory in his nation, but didn't say much about when or how.

>
Bedbugs have discovered a new way to hitchhike in and out of beds: library books. It turns out that tiny bedbugs and their eggs can hide in the spines of hardcover books. The bugs crawl out at night to feed, find a new home in a headboard, and soon readers are enjoying not only plot twists but post-bite welts.


>

>

We all know the story of that dickwad who bought the rights to Daraprim and raised its price to $750.

Imprimis Pharmaceuticals is now prepping to release a version that could reverse the adverse effects of Daraprim's active ingredient, which harms bone marrow. The best part? They are releasing it for $1.

>

Here's to Lamar Odom on being the first guy in history to have coke and hookers save his marriage.

>

Was sent an explanation about this guy.
Without getting into the minutia, this was a small crop of a larger photo of officers eating mess during the Civil War. Some speculate that the hand is not holding his head, but is more likely the cook pointing out something on the table. The kid in the back is probably a server.

>


A masked man armed with a sword has killed a pupil and a teacher at a school in Sweden. The suspect, clad in black, apparently posed for photos with students ahead of the attack, in the western town of Trollhattan.
Two further victims, a pupil and a teacher, are seriously injured. The attacker was shot by police and has died of his injuries.

The way the US treats zero tolerance by punishing kids for biting a poptart into a gun shape, etc, is stupid. But I think we can draw the line of real swords anywhere near our children.


>


>

Latest on my Key Packets.
 Several places have several packets already taken. These places are on my normal roots, so I pass them often. Also, they can be tagged out the window of my cart.
On this particular post they had removed the Folio Olio packets, plus a DO NOT REMOVE packet. So I upped the ante again.
The next and final stage of the Key Packets will blow your mind. I'm going to give the Fuck It packets a little time, then I will spring the finale.

>

My nephew sent me this:

As you rode your horse into town you had to pass 80 telephone poles in order to reach a mile,

because they were 1 chain apart, or 66 feet.
And each chain had 100 links. If you wanted to break it down further.
Road rights-of-way also were 1 chain wide. And 80 square chains made a square mile, or 640 acres – and that was 1 section of land. But if you’d rather count fence posts you had to pass 320 in order to reach a mile,
because they were a rod apart, or 16.5 feet (1/4 of a chain).
And since everyone knew that an acre was 10 square chains (43,560 square feet) it was easy to tell how many acres were in your neighbor’s farm by counting fence posts. Some aspects of those measures are still in use today in the horse racing business because a furlong is 10 chains in length, or 660 feet. You should feel smarter now because that’s so easy.


[ His definition of easy is a little different than mine. ]



IT WAS SUGGESTED THAT I REINSTATE THE THEME POST. ASK AND YOU WILL RECEIVE.

PEOPLE NOT LIKE YOU AND ME



>
Texting


>
Let's take another look at this idiot...


>

So today my wife showed me some of her favorite websites.

>
My wife asked for a bite of my treat...
 What kind of person would do such a thing?

>



>
Aaaaaaaah...









 Must be a Volkswagen.

>




>



>
This person now believes that an alien put every human on earth in a theater and brainwashed them with a film.





>
"Closest you're getting to Kate"


>
Yes, drones can be fun...
 And while being shot at by flares, he carries the propane tank.



 Is that a human head?

>




>
Speaking of drunk...

2 comments:

Spider Borland said...

I started thinking about your keys and how you've basically made them to be unable to be removed. What if you found a container for the dollar that was unbreakable. Much like gluing a quarter to the ground.

Ralph Henry said...

It's not so much them not taking them...that's why they are there. I just thought if I kept making them more and more clever they would feel more inclined to contact me...and Folio Olio.
But with that said, the final version coming up next week will prove much more challenging.
Thanks for your support, old buddy. I really appreciate it.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive