About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Sunday, October 4, 2015

SUNDAY #2481

One Of My Very Own…



An appropriate tune for this Sunday.



First newsy items:

We should all know this man's name.

 Chris Mintz, 30-year old student, took seven bullets while charging the gunman.  He is recovering.

Let's remember the people on 9/11 flight that crashed in Pennsylvania, the three that took down the shooter on the train in Europe and now this guy. We could all learn something from all three…Don't just stand there…ACT!

>
A few days ago a video went viral. It was a homeless guy in Paris who got his puppy violently snatched from him by animal rights activists. They justified their action by saying the puppy was drugged,mistreated, illegally owned, etc.

Well French Justice finally said something. The dog will be  given back to the homeless guy ( turns out he legally owns the dog) and the people who stole the dog will face justice for thieve and assault.

>
Well, we may have dodged the bullet. They have downgraded our status from a 1000 year rain event to a 500 year rain event. What we are going to get is starting immediately...8 pm Saturday.
The weather channel crew has been camped out in front of my wife's store all day....with, thankfully, nothing to report.
My wife closed her store with flooding due, but no flooding. But what scared her also scared all the customers, so none of the merchants that remained open sold shit.

>

>

>
( I think some of the young backers may be that delusional, but us old guys only expect him to be honest. )





>
It is just so very silly.

>

>
The woman who writes this does it for free and asks for any donations you care to send her. I respect her very much.
>
I found this very telling. It is three modern translations of the same holy text.


Now imagine the whole book being translated dozens, even hundreds of times, from one language to another, to another, to another, back to the original, and that only after the story had been retold orally many times.
Now I want you to type an innocent sentence into a translation site on the internet. Then put it back in that language and go to another. Keep watching just how quick it takes for the sentence to be unrecognizable.
Oh, hell, I did it for you, and this is only three steps with the most powerful translation tools in the modern age.


English

There was a time when all men cherished liberty; now is not that time.
Spanish
Hubo un tiempo en que todos los hombres aprecian libertad; ahora no es ese momento.
Arabic
ففى وقت ان جميع الرجال وهم يقدرون الحرية; الان ليس ذلك الوقت.
French
Au moment où tous les hommes qu'ils se félicitent la liberté; aujourd'hui n'est pas le temps.
Back to English
At the time or all men that they welcome the freedom; today is not the time.

>

>

>
From an internet ad:
 Here's the rest of the ad:
"Christians are dying around the world for their faith at the hands of barbarous Muslims."

I found the use of a Crusader in the ad hilarious.

>
In all honesty, I have no idea if Rowan said that, but the quote needed to be said. You decide.

>
Most people have no idea how weird a story it is that Rome turned Christian.

>

>
I find it extraordinarily interesting that Abraham didn't say, "Fuck you, you crazy bastard. What kind of god would ask a man to do such a thing. I want nothing to do with you."
But no, he said, "Kill my son? Sure, why not."
I think that tells us more about that sick fuck than it does god.

>
The same story over and over and over, and some people never catch on. But I swear, we CAN NOT let them survive the discovery of life on another planet. That is the last nail in religion's coffin and we just can't let them wiggle out of it.

 What a wonderful question.

>

Half-truths and whole lies.


>
The absolute worse part...

And what so terribly sad is that parents think they are HELPING their children by teaching them about hell and brimstone and shit. That's just fucking cruel.

>
 It's already begun, folks. Young people just aren't falling for the bullshit anymore.
The young people I know find stuff like this hilarious.
 This is the type of question young people love to ask.

>
One more time...
I'm told that Jesus brought a new law and Mosaic Law was thrown out. Well, not all of it. I'm pretty sure we still are not supposed to kill, or steal, of lust after your neighbor's wife. No, you can't escape scrutiny that easy.
Considering black people as whole people and gays getting married are just tweaking society. Without tweaking we would still be sacrificing virgins in volcanoes and think that gods lived on top of a mountain. Now we know what causes volcanoes and that god doesn’t live on a mountain top but rather up in the sky…and he’s invisible and he sits on a throne...with all your dead relatives.


>

>

>

What if when you die they ask, “How was Heaven?”



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As sad as I was to see the dog thieves snatching the little pup, that's how happy I am the way it turned out. Self righteous, heartless SOB's, they were!! Thank you for the update and the blog...you always make our day a little brighter!

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive