About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

WEDNESDAY #2526


One Of My Very Own…




>


Bataclan before the shootings.



Shield used by the French police to enter the Bataclan


Then there's this guy...

The cop in Paris who immediately ran back towards the gunfire, all alone, has not gotten enough credit.










Today in review: The people who say plain red Starbucks cups are an attack on their religious freedom are calling to "destroy Islam."




>
My daughter sent me this article. I read it...I really mean I highlighted it and had the computer read it to me...and here is a sample:

"The Islamic State, also known as the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS), follows a distinctive variety of Islam whose beliefs about the path to the Day of Judgment matter to its strategy, and can help the West know its enemy and predict its behavior. Its rise to power is less like the triumph of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt (a group whose leaders the Islamic State considers apostates) than like the realization of a dystopian alternate reality in which David Koresh or Jim Jones survived to wield absolute power over not just a few hundred people, but some 8 million."

I strongly suggest you read this article, but it is rather long. But I learned a lot from it. Take that for what you will.
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/03/what-isis-really-wants/384980/

>
Lastly, I have a young science major friend I met in my bar who told me today that they have created a one hundred or so atom nanobot that could swim through water at a speed of one inch a second. I found that extraordinary. If any of you come upon anything about it, please let me know.



>


My wife used to slap me in the face when having an orgasm. I didn’t mind too much until I realized she was faking them.


>
My smoking demon has reared his head again.
 Will do battle soon. I've had a relapse.

>


My wife was once so poor that she ate her own edible panties.


>
This is the new DeLorean Concept

It comes with a complimentary kilo of cocaine.


>
This was said to be true...

>


If you are held responsible for your actions when you drink and drive, you should be help responsible for having sex while intoxicated.


>
A barber going the extra mile...

>


I’ve found that I spend a lot of time just counting down the minutes until I can acceptably go to bed for the night.


>
 I've always remembered that no matter how bad things are going for me, someone would love to swap lives with me.

>

>


I once called my ex-wife and said, "I know we just got divorced, but would you mind showing my girlfriend how to make an omelet the way I like them?"


>

>
 A 53Tbps Transatlantic cable.


>


How can you face your problem if your problem is your face?


>

>
Read an interesting article at Literary Hub traces one writer's journey to document the use of dildos by the wives of Nantucket whalers.

The dildos, called “he’s-at-homes” in some books on the history of the Yankee whale fishery, were meant to be some insurance of fidelity for a husband who was rarely present. 

>
I've always been a built-in booth kind of guy...
 But I never saw this configuration.


>
Important rules to live by in the 21st century


>
The announcement...

>


Have you ever whipped creamed your whole body…alone?


>
Read this shit...

>


I hope Ben Carson starts confessing to famous unsolved crimes next.


>
I've been preaching something like this for years!
 It never said if they do the same job as regular shingles, which they should be designed to do.

 >
Drawings on maps...

>


The thing I love about women in the workplace…their vaginas.


>
PHOTOGRAPHY

 It's all about the light.

Except this one. This one is about drama.

Just another example of me wondering what exactly the photographer's instructions were...
And this one.
Think about the exact phrasing the photographer used to get this woman to do that. Don't get me wrong; I don't hate the image. Here's all I can think about: "Okay, first I want you to stick your arms down in this black paint, then get naked....no, only half naked...then look dramatic...the critics love dramatic." Later: "Okay, this time tense your toes and...ah...make fists!"

>

Why would she look so bored doing that?
(Does that look like just a gimich to anyone else?)

>
Ye Olde Egg Separater

Because Engineering!

>
Man threatens to set himself on fire...
Those cops do that for a living.

>
Opportunity almost got stuck in the Martian soil on its way to Victoria Crater, but managed to escape!

I bet there were some tight assholes in mission control.

>
Manager serves up a McAsswhooping


>


Congratulations to Ben Carson for being the world's first boring psychopath


>
This is the tradition of burning tent (The kheymeh burning) in Shia Islam. This is celebrated during the Ashura Day.

Bummer.

>
C-130 specially modified to land in a stadium and rescue hostages...or so I'm told.

Said to be able to take off and land on a soccer field.

>
From England...

>
We all know the most famous items from King Tut's tomb...

But this is what the rooms looked like...

>


My wife once reenacted the orgasm scene from When Harry Met Sally during her gynecologist exam…just for fun.




3 comments:

Ninja Grrrl said...

So you've had a relapse. It happens. Point is, what now? Take it from someone who has battled with a few addictions, including nicotine: never quit quitting. I absofuckinglutely KNOW you can do this. I'm rooting for you, friend. Fight the power.

Anonymous said...

"If you are held responsible for your actions when you drink and drive, you should be help responsible for having sex while intoxicated."

Agreed, with the caveat that there is a difference between fucking and getting fucked.

Ralph Henry said...

Well played; very well played.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive