About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

TUESDAY #2567


One Of My Very Own…




Iraqi Army drove Daesh from the city of Ramadi

Notice my use of the name those fuckers hate. To me using it is a no-brainer. I wonder why US officials and/or the News refuse to do it? 



Methane gas has been leaking from a storage facility in California’s Aliso Canyon since October 2015 at a rate of 110,000 pounds per hour. You can see the plume in this infrared video shot on December 17, 2015. So far, 1,700 homes have been evacuated. The Southern California Gas Company thinks it will be able to stop the leak "by late February or late March."
Never heard of it. No, seriously. I haven't read a word about this until today.






This took me much longer than it should have.
But remember that Finding Waldo eye flow chart I posted by in '67? That's actually how I found it.

>
I would like to welcome all my new Russian viewers. I don't know why, but you guys are going off the chart.



>

I long for a slightly simpler time when old people with fifteen types of produce were too intimidated to use the self checkout


>
What the fuck, Norway?

>

When your wife says "It's up to you," it's not.


>

Ridiculously photogenic Kurdish soldier in Afghanistan.

>
Want to guess what this is before you scroll down for the answer?
My wife took this of an old warehouse lamp I adapted for over my kitchen booth. The trinket on the end of the chain is a pure gold flamingo, which fits right in with my wife's kitchen motif.

>
More schadenfreude.

>
Ran across this again and deemed it worthy of re-sharing...

>

 I posted my first selfie and someone commented "Oh my! That was brave."


>
Smart man...

>
Alert viewer sent me this...
And I found another view...
Shadow on orange works well. 

>
Now place your finger or a pencil over the center line.

Found a ton of stuff about movies...





>

What does Stormtrooper’s armor protect against, exactly? 


>

The Sebright, an actual breed of chicken.
 Kind of looks like a coloring book, don't it.

>
So, what makes a person a writer? Just that you write? In that case half the country are writers. The same thing applies to being an artist.
I don't want to split hairs here, but at some point there has to be some criteria. I personally like "Amateur artist". However the ultimate level is not "Professional artist," but rather, just "Artist," cause I don't think money got anything about it.

>
Is this true? Probably.

>
Spilled ink on guys finger looks like a forest fire has taken place.


>

A handshake means something completely different to a cannibal.


>

>

Every kiss begins with K but so does every kidnapping. That's how words work people.


>
 What a nice word.

>


>

>

>

One of the most famous pictures of The Gulf War: Death of an Iraqi soldier. Highway of Death, 1991.

>

I've actually lost an argument while rehearsing it in my head.


>
Amazing landscapes...


And this...

The most likely explanation, suggests Atlas Obscura, is that whomever planted the trees intentionally stunted their growth, perhaps to provide curved lumber for furniture, sleigh runners or barrel staves. As Gryfino is only about 50 miles as the crow flies from the Baltic Sea it’s also possible that the trees were being grown as lumber for shipbuilding, which was my best guess years ago.


>
I'm having trouble believing that that wasn't manipulated. It is just too perfect...and you know how I am with that.

>
I think this is great.
I mean it. I would love to have a whole fence made out of similar stuff. 

>
The guy on the right...
 But I'm pretty sure he is far from "okay." And sitting up was hard, what with that 2x4 two feet up his ass.

>
The Word On The Street

>
I got in long conversation with my good friend about his martial arts training in Japan. He talked a lot about how the original master's methods have only survived from teacher to pupil for thousands of years.
 I said that was the way it used to be with ballet. Only someone who saw or danced in the original could teach the next generation.
Then a guy invented a notation system to write down how to move, where to move and how fast to move.

>

>

Remember, kids, if your house has roaches, don’t leave cookies and milk. I mean, dayum.


>
 Back when there were no retakes or stunt doubles.
 Look how dangerous that is, and his foot keeps slipping.

>

>

When a rock hits your windshield, it time to quit blowing your horn.


>


No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive