About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Monday, December 28, 2015

MONDAY #2566


One Of My Very Own…



Some of you people may have observed that the quality of humor of my post has waned.

I've written about this before. I feel like shit and being witty and coughing up you spleen just doesn't happen. As a matter of fact, I've been working on one post for four days. Now, if you are good at math, then you know that anyone who posts every day needs to collect enough images for a post every single day. The reason for that, of course, is that I don't find anything funny lately.
>


>
Indeed.


Ran across a series of cartoons making fun of our fascination with mobile devices...

>


I’ve lost my mind, but I’m pretty sure my wife took it.

>
 Britian's Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Act 2013 is set to kick in, and with it will come an extended term of copyright for designer objects, such as furniture, which will endure for 70 years after the creator's death -- meaning that you'll need a license to post photographs of your own belongings.


>

>
If this happened in America, the parents would be arrested.
But maybe that's just me.

>


You know it’s cold outside when you trip over dog poop instead of stepping in it.


>

>
Finally, the truth is told...
 Douglas Adams on life, the universe, and 42


 >
Ladies and gentlemen, I present the magnificent Julien de Casabianca.


>


If you press your ear to the wall of your cubicle you can hear your soul drying up.


>
 "A grandfather's dream come true: proud Aboriginal elder dances with granddaughter at graduation."


You know how I love headlines:

From the article:

Ms Mann, a science teach (I swear) opposes the solar expansion because she believes it would lower her property values. She also said that plants near solar farms do not thrive because there wasn't enough sunshine left over for them to photosynthesize. She also evinced a belief that solar panels cause cancer. Her husband added that solar panels "suck up all the energy from the sun."



>
It's a storage rack that slid into the space between the fridge and the oven.
 I think it would be perfect for spices.

>
Now, THIS is how to do mass transit...

>


Just saw an air freshener so big they had to tie it on top of the car.


>
 Speaking of...

>
My state is still plagued with shit like this. Bridges are still out all over the place.
That's the kind of shit that happens when a state doesn't have a cash reserve.

>

>
Damn!

>
A little civil disobedience from Greenpeace, Arc de Triomphe.

I have mixed emotions about that.

AERIAL PHOTOGRAPHY



>


Hug your children. Hug your friends and family. Hug the cashier at Chipotle. Hug someone else's children. Hug the arresting officer.


>

>


Some people are always the prey, never the predator.


>
But the cool thing about art is that you only have to please yourself and if plan A doesn't work, get yourself a plan B. 

>
Aikido master shows students the ultimate blade defense.


>
A repost, but I like it...

>

I bet they want to hear that story again.
  - alcohol


>
Amazing drone...

And for drones somewhere they shouldn't be, Tokyo police using drone to hunt down the illegally flying drones.


>


I get so fustrated when people say "supposably" or "irregardless" I feel like I'm literally drowning.


>

>
And lastly I want to discuss a very special woman.
My wife was at an event that I did not attend and had someone take this photo with two of our good friends.
 He's cool and all, but his wife is one of most favorite people. I emailed her that had known she was going to be at the event, then I would have attended. Accompanying her reply was a movie someone did to document her extraordinary life. And I watched it.
Those friends got married out of state, so I couldn't go.
When they got back in town they held a reception for the folks in South Carolina. This is the way she looked when I first laid eyes on her.
 I was sitting at the end of a long bar when he came in and I stood to get a better look at her for the first time. We made eye contact and she hurried down the bar, hugged my neck and said, "You've got to be Ralph." I asked how she knew that and she said, "I read you blog every goddamn day!" I loved her from that moment on.
The hour long film of her that I watched had her talking over images, and she nailed it.
 There were plenty of images of her as a skinny kid who wanted to throw things, then she reached her peek.
 Before they married I asked her to-be husband what she was like and he said, "She throws." I asked what she throws and he said, "Everything." And come to find out, anything an athlete can throw, she has thrown it.
Needless to say, she spends A LOT of time in the gym.
 And then right in the middle of her college career, she had another challenge.

She won a world record in the Highland Game - one of many awards.
 Her record still holds.
The wife and I once attended one of her and her husbands events and it was amazing.
Ladies and gentlemen, I present Adriane Blewitt Wilson, my friend.

>


Whenever I hear someone died of natural causes, I think, "Wait a minute. I have that."


>


No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive