About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Friday, April 1, 2016

FRIDAY #2660


One Of My Very Own…



ralph.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com



One person decided…by his or herself…to jump on the back of a horse…just to see what happened. Before that person, another person had decided to drag a charred animal out of what was left of a forest fire and eat it. Before that, one man or woman skinned an animal of its tough, inedible hide and instead of disposing of it, wrapped it around their chilled body.

>
A new survey found 1 in 3 children in the U.K. spend less time outside than inmates in maximum security prisons. 1 in 5 don’t venture outdoors at all.
>



I went to collegefix and didn’t find it all that great; just the usual stupid shit that goes on. But you can go and let me know if you could glean anything worthwhile.

>
It's Friday...let's get the weekend off properly...




>
I know my wife is pissed when she starts talking about herself in third person.

>
Each frame is called a cel.


When I was in college there was a huge sale of such cels for $5 a piece and I was too poor to even buy one of them. Alas.

>

For my friend, Aaron.

>
Just someone else who knows what he is doing...


>
Be the reason they create new laws.
>
Neil Armstrong and David Scott


But do you even know who this man is?

He's Yuri Gagarin, the first man in space. And because the USA has a better PR firm, hardly anyone on earth knows his name.

>

The government of Iran claims to have obtained “thousands of pages of information” from devices used by the U.S. Navy sailors briefly detained in January. I always thought there was a failsafe for shit like that...a thermite grenade or something.

>
Four sets of identical twins pull an epic NYC subway car time-machine prank.


>
Burrito Finder app will find you the best burritos in your area and even give you a direct route to them.

God bless America!

>

Finally, someone invented these...


>
The only upside to Trump's big wall is that Texas will finally get some of Banksy's Art. Maybe like a little girl and a soldier with a gun.
>
Doomed dog rescued...




Humans are pretty good at doing things like that...for dogs...



But nobody seems to bat an eye at this shit...

Two dugongs captured by a local fisherman, apparently to profit from tourists. A mother and her calf held in separate cages. While the calf was kept without restraint, the adult was bound by a rope wrapped around her tail.

And that kind of saving instinct doesn't seem to apply to our own species...

I understand the fear from some shop owners that homeless people will repel shoppers, but damn, there are people in real need, folks.

Then there are people who go out of their way to just fuck with people.


>
But, I really do love dogs.

>
There are mites living on your face.

Don't try to wash them off. You can't, the mites will still be there. They belong to the genus Demodex, along with a lot of other mites that spend their entire lives in and around the pores of mammals.

>
Do you think he wrote this himself before he died?

Or do you think his "loved ones" did it?

Poor bastard.

But what about this one?


>
I got two birds stoned once.
>
Pompeii...

Remember, the way they did it was to find a void and fill it with concrete. This one must be unique.

>
I have stated before that I think these guys are fucking hilarious.


>
Facilitator: Any questions about the sexual harassment course before we start?
Me: Is "harass" one word or two?


>
Problem solving at its best...


>
I made a robot to help me with online arguments…


>
At our family reunions, we call this the "direct approach."


>
Mummies are just upper-class zombies.
>



Normal people have so many misconceptions about what it means to be an artist. Take this one...



I will agree that when you work and work and nobody likes you shit, it can make you sad. But the sadness has nothing to do with it.

>
Butcher’s Broom: Can Fruits Grow on Leaves?


Well, yes.

>
This reminds me of every inspirational quote...



Yeah, like this Jew in Nazi Germany was dragged back only to be launched into something great.



And just because I found these images on the same day, let's continue...



Who among us could be so together?


>
Have you ever eaten your lunch in an air duct?
>
Waterproof socks...



>
Have you ever been disqualified for biting opponent's ear on a chess tournament?
>
Drone that draws pictures on demand…


"Picture" may be too strong a word.

>
This is from a collection of images taken by North Vietnamese photographers.

I just noticed that she is holding an American made weapon.

>
The word on the street...


>
In high school I dated a girl that pronounced the L in Salmon. Last I heard of her she was doing meth.

>
I find these images very depressing.



What the fuck was she thinking...that this would better her life?

It might depress me, but I can still illustrate how she must feel.



No matter how much pressure he puts on you, he only wants the open leg shot...



(that was awful humor. i apologize.)

>
You're joking about calling it Good Friday, right? I told you the part about the nails?" -Jesus
>
I couldn't agree more...


>
SOME REPOSTS BECAUSE I STILL FIND THEM AMUSING




The Crater Ridden Cliffs of Pointe du Hoc, Normandy


>
[Me at church]
"I'm here for the blood."


>
Tomorrow at 2:30, Barcelona plays Real Madrid. All…and I mean ALL of my money is on my boys from Barcelona. You might want to watch this game.

>





1 comment:

Aaron said...

None of the stormtroopers were hit. That's hilarious! Thanks, Ralph. I seldom miss a day visiting your blog and appreciate your dedication to keeping things interesting.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive