About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Thursday, April 14, 2016

THURSDAY #2672

One Of My Very Own…


ralph.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com


ONE OF MY VERY FAVORITE SONGS






The all-women or 'jin' unit based in Kananshor village near Sinjar mountain is home to a rotating group of female fighters, who are particularly feared by Isis fighters, who believe that if they are killed by a woman they will not get to heaven. 

And this is what we are worried about in America...







LET'S GRILL HILLARY...

 






And now some good news:

The US economy keeps expanding and the population keeps growing. But we actually use less water now for all purposes than we did back in 1970.



>


I just ordered a Fitbit and my bank called to see if my card was stolen.


>
I’m big fan of these things…


>
Underground Nuke Test


As I understand it, the collapse is due to tons of rock being vaporized far under the earth.

There are thousands of these…



>


 I'll put a comma, after a comma, even if it doesn't need a comma, to completely, drive you wordsmiths, insane.


> 
PHOTOGRAPHY


The look on her face.


>
How….wonderful.
Not bad for a crazy man.

> 
When you have fallen in love with learning…
It’s hard to take seriously the tale about a rib woman being convinced to eat from a magic tree by a talking snake.


And then there are tales like this:
In 1983 a man was tested to see if he could sense god if all his senses were taken away. Every sense nerve in his brain was disconnected. He could not feel, hear, see or smell. He began reporting he could hear the voices of the dead and gave precise details that he could have not known. He then said he could see them and began clawing at his eyes, it turned to screaming and biting chunks of his flesh off. His last words were "I have spoken with God, and he has abandoned us” and died.
Even if it’s true (which it is not) why would anybody think this proves: 
1. There is an invisible god, 
2. People in such a state have hallucinations.


Or to put it another way…


But of all the things I don’t understand about religion, is the way black people accepted the religion of their masters hook, line and sinkers.
Old, uneducated, poor black women are statistically the most religious people in America. I never understood why.


Then there is the illogic of the whole thing.


I read this and thought it powerful enough to share.
Sociologists describe the "spiral of silence": people with socially unpopular ideas fear that they're the only ones who think that way, and say nothing, and their silence convinces others that they, too are alone, begetting yet more silence.


One of the Internet's most radical properties is its capacity to break this deadlock.


I think the internet deserves much of the credit for the changing mores on gays, other races, and marijuana.


It is this sharing of beliefs that leads me to predict the death of religion in two generations.

>
A special tip of the blogging hat to alert view who sent me this.
He wondered what my love of women’s feet colliding with my hatred of high heels would look like.


Well, I shook for several minute and threw up in my mouth a little bit. Satisfied? Still have a tic, but it's getting better.

>

I have never hired a prostitute.


Just the fact that they have been trained to fake it with you is enough, but then we all know they sit with their sisters and make jokes about your pathetic performance.

>

With all the oddities on Earth, what must life elsewhere look like?

>

This is the inside of a fossilized dinosaur bone.


>
Had we been born elsewhere.


>


Turns out that the best way to find a flat head screw driver is to pretend to look for a phillips one.

>



>


You people who pronounce didn't as."dih-in't" please doh-on't.

>



>
Just because it had my name in it…

>

Now pay attention.


You really should take the time to watch this explanation.
http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/infrastructure/a20082/route-66-musical-highway/?src=TrueAnth_POPMECHANICS_TW&utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=56f5e99e04d301504407e7f5&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter


>


> 
Old Lady: Well, I never.

Young woman: Well, I can't even.

>

Oh, I see what you did there, Google…

>

This is exactly what my wife’s desktop looks like.


> 

It doesn't matter if it's duct tape or zip ties, fixed is fixed.

>


>

This library is older than my whole country.

>

Two oldies but goodies…



THERE IS AN ADDENDUM of GIFS SCHEDULED TO SHOW UP IN THE FIRST OLDER POST.



>







1 comment:

Fardygardy said...

I'm no expert on this, but vaporizing the rock with a nuclear explosion under ground would create gas, which I would think would cause it to blow up, not cave in. Could it be the explosion compresses the rock further, causing it to fall in?

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive