About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

WEDNESDAY #2671

One of my very own...

This is a test of font size.

ralph.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com 





Question: What if the ball he hit went in. Would it count? 




>


>

White people dance like they have an invisible hula hoop around their waist.

>


> 

If you rip a hole in a net, there are actually less holes in it.

>
Stone House by John Pawson
 A guy from England told me that his puppet theater was housed in a large 13th century gate house to a castle and that there was a large hold in the middle of the roof over the main room's fireplace. I asked him what happened when it rained, and he said, “IT’S ALL STONE!” And that was that.

>

TRUE: Jennifer Null is impossible: her name can't be entered into most modern databases (plane reservations, wedding registries) because "null" is used to separate fields in databases themselves.

>
Neolithic Human Figure, 6500 BC. 32 figures like the one above were found at the site of 'Ain Ghazal in Jordan. They are made of clay over sticks, with cowrie shells for eyes and painted with bitumen. These figures were often found in pits, buried in groups which points at some kind of ritual use but not much is known beyond that.

>
I like people who know what they are doing.

>
I almost put this in the ‘People Not Like You And Me’ file, but I really wanted to discuss it.
Can we assume that for every action an adult takes, there had to be a rationale. When I see something like that I think about this taxi drivers’ rationale. You like toy cars. Great, do it at home. You want attention? Pull your dick out or something just as effective. But behaving like a spoiled child with too many toys just makes you look…childish.

>
My man, Matisse at his scissor stage.


He used those scissors to design stained glass window, among other things. He was too ill to stand for very long.

And when he managed to stand he used a very long pencil…(remember that sketch)...


Which gave us designs like the one on the right.


>
Shout out for staff at all the British henge sites, who worked through the night to move the stones forward by an hour for daylight savings time.

>
Don’t fight technology…it is going to happen whether you are ready for it or not.


>
This is for my PE teacher friend…but I’m pretty much sure he’s already seen it.
That looks like a whole lot of fun.


>


> 
What a great idea.


>
Who could have known?
Catholic Church Insurance, Ltd, owned by the Australian Diocese, assembled thousands of pages of dossiers on rapes committed by pedophile priests in the 1990s when survivors of the assaults started coming forward with compensation claims.
The full extent of the files has become known now that Australia is embroiled in a Royal Commission that some of the Church's most responsible, senior clerisy have undermined by fleeing to Vatican City and refusing to testify in person.


>
Some headlines you may have missed…









>


>
I so want this to be true…


>

 I saw an ad for burial plots and I thought, that's the last thing I need.

 >


>
South Pacific eclipse captured over the ocean.


>
It’s all you need to know.

>
I’ve always wanted to be this drunk…


>
But of all the drunks (amateur drunks) that a cop must deal with, university cops must have faced palmed more than any other.


>
For a long time, my idea of art was very wide. I give you an example…


> 

If someone says "With all due respect," what follows is the verbal equivalent of a captive chimp hurling feces at you.


>
A must watch movie…
According to my young friends.


>
I’m going to let this speak for itself.








Speaking of sex… 
 
 She really does have a point.

>
Chinese explorer Zheng He's ship compared to Christopher Columbus' Santa Maria. Both lived and sailed at the same time.
Some people opine that he reached California.

> 
More bathroom signs.




>
Have you ever noticed that all watches in ads are set at or about 10:10?
It boils down to aesthetics. The hands don’t overlap at 10:10. And they form a symmetric “V”, which highlights the brand name of the watch manufacturer. But sometimes it’s another of the watch’s features, called a “complication,” which is any function on a timepiece other than telling the time. Also, 10:10 is likely a pretty stress-free time for us.


Don’t believe me? I went to Google images ‘Watch Ads’ and took a screen shot.


> 
First plane…please, please, please be an accident.
Second plane…we are being attacked and the nation is going to war.
I got a sick feeling in my stomach and threw my head back so hard I fucked up my neck. And that is true.


> 
Every other year, the World Design Impact Prize is awarded to a project that uses design to tackle a pressing and widely felt problem. The most recent recipient, as reported by Inhabitat, is a water tower built to extract drinking water straight from the air. Warka Water is the brainchild of Italian industrial designer Arturo Vittori. 

His design consists of a bamboo frame holding up a mesh netting that's been especially built to harvest rain, fog, and dew droplets from the air. 


The tower is made from materials found locally, and it's simple enough for a team of six to put it together in less than a week. Vitorri made his first prototype in 2012, and his latest iteration is capable of collecting up to 100 liters of drinking water in a single day.


>
Forklift sounds like such a cool device until you learn what it really is.


> 
 







5 comments:

Fardygardy said...

On that hole in one at the Master, which caromed off the other ball on the green to go in the hole... The rule states that the striking ball is played where it stops (in this case in the hole), while the struck ball is always replaced to its original position, regardless of where it eventually stops

Ninja Grrrl said...

Your idea if art is very wide, indeed, until it comes to something you consider a toy. I would love to drive a car like that around, with a dashboard covered in toy cars. Why? They're fun, and they're a esthetically pleasing to me. Having a fondness for play and playthings doesn't mark a man as childish by nature. An ability to be childlike, to remember the joy I felt the first time I played with a toy car with doors that opened and jewel toned paint, that some would choose these objects as a medium to express a vision of beauty? I don't see that as immature at all. I've seen you come to understand maybe a little of why people might choose to interact with their phones as opposed to the jerks they're temporarily surrounded by, and to see that not all video games are a waste of time and nothing else. But your reaction in general to things you deem childish surprises me. I remember the wonder I felt when everything looked like a secret treasure to me.

Unknown said...

The "ocean eclipse" image is a composite of at least two different photographs. The ocean picture was posted to Flickr in 2009 by photographer Art Lewis (and although it has since been removed from Flickr, it is still widely available on various computer wallpaper sites:
Full explanation and individual images @ Snopes.com

Ralph Henry said...

Fardygardy - Thanks.

Ninja Grrrl - I agree...sort of. But the man drives a cab for a living. I do not consider that as an example of a fulfilled life. I just see so many young people spending hours a day doing childish things (video games, skateboarding, etc) and I think that they are just pissing their best years away.
I may have over reacted to the cabbie, but in all truth the whole diatribe was to set up the "pull out your dick" gag. Sorry to disappoint you.

n2prenr - The information contained in this blog has been compiled from sources believed to be reliable, but no representation or warranty, express or implied, is made by Folio Olio, Inc, its affiliates or any other person as to its accuracy, completeness or correctness. All opinions and estimates contained in this blog constitute the blogger's judgment as of the date of the post, are subject to change without notice and are provided in good faith but without legal responsibility.

Fardygardy said...

I once saw a car in a New York City parking garage with a dashboard much like the one in your picture - except instead of toy cars, it was all virgin Mary's.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive