About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Thursday, May 12, 2016

THURSDAY #2699

One Of My Very Own…



ralph.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com



Eight people were killed in Chicago over Mother’s Day weekend. Another 43 people in the city were injured in gun violence. That's more people killed than in Beirut or Baghdad.

But remember, they are all in the same neighborhoods. Shooters killing shooters as it were.






>

“I don’t mean to tell you how to do your job, but...”
 — People who are found buried in the woods

>


>

How very effective.


>

Make sure you don't forget the 'R' when you're Googling, "movies of Gary Oldman."

>

STREET ART


That looks very much like it was done with a stencil. I like the ambiguity.

>

The Victoria and Albert Museum now bans sketching.

Banning sketching seems like an unfortunate policy. Museums should recognize the importance of sketching as a primary way that artists engage with the tradition. Rather than forbidding sketching altogether, it seems more reasonable to limit large drawing boards, easels, paints, sitting on the floor, or otherwise blocking visitors flowing through high-traffic exhibitions.
  - Artist James Gurney

>



>

Everything you need to know about the people of Japan in one photograph.


>

If your religion infringes on people's rights; sorry, you've had hundreds of years to change everyone's mind - obviously that hasn't happened.

>

NEW INVENTIONS: Some Good, Some Not

Unique Footed Nude Stockings That Come With Pre-Polished Toes on the Outside






Gentleman builds tongue robot to lick cartoon girls.



>

In some major cities they have had to put traffic warnings built into the sidewalk.

>

These are kind of fun. See how many of the movies you can name.




Speaking of....

Somewhere in Jordan.

>

Even at this tender age...


>
This is just another reason I hate large crowds.


A UK inquest determined Tuesday that the Hillsborough disaster, a 1989 stadium crowd crush that claimed 96 lives, was the fault of police. The jury's verdict follows decades of tabloid lies and police cover-ups that began immediately after the incident in Sheffield, England, attempting to blame the victims for their own deaths.

>


These are from his pen:
It's Greek to me.
Vanished into thin air.
Played fast and loose.
Tongue tied.
Hoodwinked.
In a pickle.
Fair play.
Stood on ceremony.
Too much of a good thing.
Seen better days.
Foregone conclusion.
As luck would have it.
High time.
Long and short of it.
The game is up.
One fell swoop.
Without rhyme or reason.
Give the devil his due.
Dead as a door-nail.
A laughing stock.
For goodness sake.
By Jove.

>


Public Health officials in Shelby County, Tennessee today confirmed six cases of measles in the county, up from two last Friday. Victims of the measles outbreak are "widely diverse" in terms of age, gender and where they live.

How do we go so insane so quickly? >


>

A mother bear defending her cubs? That's me defending the fresh pan of bacon from other hotel guests at the breakfast buffet.

>


That's my Judge.

>

I wonder what the physics on this is...

>

I just purchased duct tape at the Dollar Store to fix all of the other shit I bought at the Dollar Store. Life is going exactly as planned.

>

Amazing.

>

I once asked a girl if I could buy her a drink, and she told me she would just rather have the cash.

>

WOMEN





"I'll take "Things that were probably worth it" for $1000, Alex."


QUESTION: How many times have you been on a boat and looked down and saw a huge fish? I rest my case.

Sit on a basketball with no pants on, they said. It will be sexy, they said.


>

Mark Zuckerberg came up with the idea for Facebook when he was at a party & a racist uncle wrote a bible quote on a painting then poked him.
(I have no idea why that is clever...I stole it.)

>

MEN

This happened in Portugal. A group of young people, after a night out, demanded to be served after closing hours. Forcing their way inside the store they ate without paying, stole multiple items and started wrecking the entire place.

The owner, alone inside, grabbed the knife he used to cut the kebab and fought back the assailants, almost decapitating one. Moments later the bouncers from the club across the street intervened and the group was dispersed.




The look on the white guy's face. Priceless.

Knowing the guy could have taken him over also, he still did his job.


A guy will do this every time...

Make a game of work.

>

Tea without sugar isn't "unsweetened tea". It's. Just. Tea.

>




Two animals can not repopulate a species. If it could, then two rhinos could keep the present batch from going extinct. But they simply can not.


No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive